PDA

View Full Version : 8v & 16v engines Vauxhall make

Nova Modder
10-03-03, 07:55 AM
Could someone list all the engines that will bolt STRAIGHT into a nova

and ones that require minor mods..

for instance.. do corsa engines bolt straight in? what sizes? etc etc...

whitey
10-03-03, 09:29 AM
MOST of the slightly older Vaux engines will "bolt" straight in as such! But ALL wont just go in and thats it!

All need new parts, mounts etc! Dont expect to get a corsa engine and drop it in tighten a few nuts type of thing and connect a little wire here and there!

Speak to ste_sa, he is the conversion man around here. He will say its easy because he has done a lot.

Aragorn
10-03-03, 10:54 AM
any small block engine (1.2-1.6 8v and 1.0-1.6 16v(corsa engines)) will essensially bolt streight into the nova

the 16v's will all need a high pressure fuel system as found on a SRi, GTE or GSi nova the others will vary depending on the induction system used

other than that its basically gonna be wiring in the engine loom and maybe swapping a few hoses around for rad and heater matrix

mikeoxford
10-03-03, 01:49 PM
a few difrent plugs here and there, but initially itll all be the same colour wires etc

burgessovsalford
10-03-03, 02:44 PM
So is it pretty easy swap to fit a 1.4sr engine in a 1.2 nova? DIY job, or do you need special tools & equipment to get the lump out & move it etc..

TeddySRi
10-03-03, 03:46 PM
You can pretty much bolt any engine Vauxhall ever made into a Nova.

However each require work.

Anything from a 1.2 16v corsa lump to a 2.5 v6 vectra lump is possible

just depends how much work you want to do!!!

Unless you stick to nova engines not much else will "bolt" in. if you have a carb nova and go for an injection model you have to play with the loom.

Its all work!!!!!

Ste_Nova
10-03-03, 04:24 PM
So is it pretty easy swap to fit a 1.4sr engine in a 1.2 nova? DIY job, or do you need special tools & equipment to get the lump out & move it etc..

easy cause i'm in and arround manchester all the time :lol:

TeddySRi
10-03-03, 05:16 PM
Trust me you would nip to Maccy D's and Ste_sa would have it done!

mikeoxford
10-03-03, 06:14 PM
Trust me you would nip to Maccy D's and Ste_sa would have it done!

:lol: ur jokin right? i wouldda thought whilst he was waiting in the queue for his food @ mac Ds he would have a call on his mobile to say it was already done! and on the drive home pick up a few beers to toast the new motor :D LMFAO

burgessovsalford
11-03-03, 03:05 PM

easy cause i'm in and arround manchester all the time :lol:

Im thinking about doing it in the summer, il keep u in mind, cheers m8! :D