PDA

View Full Version : bodyshops...

goldengray
10-03-03, 01:28 AM
I've just moved down to the south from up north, and although good with wiring im shocking at removing/fitting body panels. hence i've got a 1.6 16v nova with digi dash, central locking, alarm etc but it looks from the outside like a factory car...! :evil: hence im looking for a decent body shop for nova's sumwhere in dorset. if you've got one, or no someone who does then plaease help us out!!

grayk

whitey
10-03-03, 09:33 AM
DECENT bodyshop for ALL cars is Dawsons in Ferndown Industrial estate next to k-tec racing!

They do most of the cars you will see in the mags!

Check out www.dawsons-cars.co.uk for some pics of what they have done! The site aint the best but their modifying and spraying is some of the best in the country!

djp_y2k
10-03-03, 10:50 AM
There is also Davlyns. Isnt that on dorset?

Tazzy
10-03-03, 01:23 PM
what part of dorset are you in?

goldengray
10-03-03, 10:27 PM
cheers guys, any other ones near dorset be wicked

grayk

mikeoxford
10-03-03, 10:37 PM
what part of dorset are you in?

he dont wanna tell ya :lol:

goldengray
12-03-03, 08:55 AM
im in bournemouth, best beach in britain

Tazzy
12-03-03, 09:53 AM
lol, i prefer weymouth myself!

Breeny
12-03-03, 01:03 PM
All those places maybe good.. but they will charge you the earth. Try finding a smaller bodyshop who are recomended from someone in the area.

My bodyshop is a one man army but his work is second to none. His spraying is perfect! And yet he provides very reasonable quotes.

whitey
12-03-03, 11:15 PM
Im in Bournemouth! Where exactly are you? What colour nova u got and what is it?

There is a load of bodyshops around here! Dawsons are by far the best but will charge the earth! Try the yellow pages or recommendations from people down westover or on the cliffs!

goldengray
15-03-03, 08:17 PM
hey whitey im in winton, my nova's black with 15" spyder alloys but no bodykit yet!!!

adeyprude
20-03-03, 06:16 PM
This is for anybody in Bournemouth or close too.

I know of a brilliant bodyshop that is remarkably well priced. Its called Courtney Bodyworks and is close to ASDA in Bournemouth.

So if anyone is looking for some work to be done on there car give Martin a call on 01202 296200 and compare his work with places like Dawsons and then look at the price difference. You'll be amazed at how much Dawsons sting people for.

TRY IT YOU MIGHT JUST LIKE IT!!! :wink:

whitey
21-03-03, 12:10 AM
TRUE TRUE! But I seen some shite jobs by courtney too, a few novas down at burnin bmouth namely! I have also seen some mint ones though, they do jobs to how you pay them which is fair enough!

Also, you don't see many mag feature cars from them do you! Yeah they will be good if you dont wanna pay the premium but if you want MINT then goto Dawsons coz they WONT rip you off!

adeyprude
21-03-03, 10:46 AM
I understand fully what you are saying about that mate.

Martin will do what he is asked to do and with those shite novas at burnin bournemouth he did exactly that.

I hope you weren't refering to my GSI by saying some were shite.

any way he does a bloody good kob and will do anything that is asked for a brilliant price, all things considered.

whitey
21-03-03, 12:10 PM
Nah namely the green one!
Paint peeling and everything! It was obviously done on the cheap coz the lock barrels were still there! However, some bodyshops (dawsons) wont do a spray like this because although they do what is rite for the price, they dont like to loose a reputation by doing a shite spray for a couple of hundred quid!

Basically you get what u pay for! If you know some peeps and are willing to do a lot of the prep work you could get a good spray for ?500! But if you just wanna leave the car with them and let them do it all then expect to pay ?1000 upwards for a good job!

adeyprude
21-03-03, 12:31 PM
I dont think that there was a green one there from Courtney. I am down the garage most of my spare time and I know martin has never worked on a green nova and there certainly wasn't a green one with us at the last burnin bourenmouth.

When did you see this GREEN thing then?

goldengray
21-03-03, 01:02 PM
easy now fella's you've both been more than helpful!!

whitey
21-03-03, 02:08 PM
You are deffo wrong there mate! Ask Dan 16V! It was parked next to the purple nova! Both were wearing the abyss body kit! If you left b4 8pm you may not have seen it!

adeyprude
21-03-03, 03:27 PM
No mate. I was there all night and the only cars were took done were cars he'd worked on and there was 2 BMW's, 3 Nova's including mine (2 white and one grey) a Corsa, a Saxo and a Sapphire Cossie but there was no other cars and definately not a green nova.

Are you 100% sure it was Courtney on the car. Martin wont put his name on a piece of poo.

Come and have a look at some of the stuff that he has done. You might change your mind in what you think of the workmanship

?Marty?
21-03-03, 05:11 PM
There could be another Courtney.

Bodyshops like Dawsons get a car in a magazine, and get free publicity. From which they get other people who want car's in magazines go to them, and hence their name gets in a mag again. And so it goes on.

Does not mean that their work is THE best in the country, even if they do get more cars in magazines. But obviously it will be good, as people would stop going there.

And the more demand there is for their services, the more they can, and will, charge.

Where as, smaller bodyshops (like the one Breeny mentioned) have smaller overheads, and etc, so can charge less. But their work may be just as good, if not better.