PDA

View Full Version : Just wanna check sumet b4 rolling road

nova dosed
10-03-03, 01:25 AM
Cars off for rolling road on friday and i wanna check sumet first. After all the months of agro my car has caused me its nearly all sorted ive

put in a kent cam
4 branch
webber 32/34 carb
all new ignition system the lot
full pipper s/s exhaust
all new engine re buildA new k and n as last one tried to escape through the bonnet

but now it wont rev past 4000 revs and it feels like i have a rev limiter when the 2nd choke opens fully.
I put this down to the cam been outa timing w#hence the reason for the rolling road. So kindly supplied by mike oxford i now have a vernieer pully to go on. So hopefully my car shud be quite alot quicker on friday and running better. (its pissin me off at mo as i was wasted by a micra the other day as it take ages for me to build up speed as it wont go past 4000 revs lol) but any way i want to know

1) A rough estimate of BHP after friday i know it wont be spot on but i just want to av a rough idea

2) Is it the cam timing thats the problem or can it be sumet else im just getting paranoid now as everything else seems to have gone wrong suggestions will be appreciated

Dicko
10-03-03, 12:33 PM
what dizzy are you using?

some had weights that swung out and cut the spark at a set rpm.

if you had injection i would putit down to crank sensor but as its carb its gotta be timing related really.

does it just cut the power at 4k or like still goes but proper poo?

mikeoxford
10-03-03, 01:47 PM
which kent cam are you using?

nova dosed
10-03-03, 01:58 PM
er think its AST II why? When i first put it in it didnt do this it went right round to 6 or 7k sumet like that anyway but its recently since webber been put on its dun it

mikeoxford
10-03-03, 02:30 PM
because depending on the cam it could be over fuelling and boggin dopwn in some places

if its since the addition of the carb then i would suggest its not set up right, perhaps overfuelling to the extent it just cant run. whats the state of the plugs like?

nova dosed
10-03-03, 06:16 PM
the entire ignition and sparking system is brand well nearly all. The plugs are new and i think it is the carb which is the reason why im booked in at rolling road on friday but i also think the cam timing is out to hence the reason i had the vernieer pully off ya. 8)

jatinder
10-03-03, 07:25 PM
how much do rolling roads cost might get mine on one just to check it all out

mikeoxford
10-03-03, 07:27 PM
how much do rolling roads cost might get mine on one just to check it all out

velos is ?40 first hour, ?30 any hours after that

thats the most competitive rate ive found

nova dosed
10-03-03, 07:33 PM
mikeanics in stoke on trent is ?45 first our then ?30 after that.

EP motor sport (Europarts) in stoke on trent is ?45 an hour but he is more of a R5 fan as he built a fast as fcuk twin engined renault 5 if any1 saw it last year at trax thats ian nixon in the orange one got a 0-60 time of 3.1secs