PDA

View Full Version : Brand new C20XE value?

L14MNP
30-09-09, 02:01 PM
What would the going rate be for one of thse do we think? Second hand ones still pull good money for what they are IMO. Always seem to be ITRO £3/350.

I ask because I have a brand new Nissan SR20de motor that I no longer plan to use but have no idea what is a realisitic price to advertise it for.

I'd probably be happy with £500. Used ones seem to sell for a bit less than C20XE's but a brand new one surely has to be worth a few quid. They are still in demand too. Just don't carry as much Nova/Corsa conversi0n scene tax lol.

The engine in question was originally a display engine, it has since been stripped and rebuilt (for peace of mind) by a Nissan mechanic. Has never even been fired up and still has the rubber stamps on the piston crowns.

So, has anyone bought a 20XE new? Not reconditioned.

Just want an idea of where I stand TBH.

Obviously my auction/advert will include detailed pics and description.

:tard: Cheers lol

burgo
30-09-09, 02:04 PM
keith bought a new let

MK999
30-09-09, 02:27 PM
Pretty sure I found somewhere for crate XE reconned a while back that were around 800-1000, one of those things you do when bored to look at pointless shiny things you can't afford lol Personally I'd price up buying a second hand engine, and fully rebuilding it to being 'fresh' with new bearings cams pumps etc etc then advertise it for that or maybe a bit more?

Stuart
30-09-09, 03:04 PM
"new" you have to be looking at £2K easily from a dealer

mayhem
30-09-09, 03:12 PM
a new coscast c20xe head did 800 euro on the dutch opel forum.

Nova_Tek
30-09-09, 03:53 PM
Last time I asked Vaux a recon XE was around the £1300 (Thats reconed my Vaux and has a warranty) no gearbox

craig green
30-09-09, 04:20 PM
Last time I asked Vaux a recon XE was around the £1300 (Thats reconed my Vaux and has a warranty) no gearbox

Typically they supply 'crate' engines. You bolt on all your existing inlet & exhaust manifolds, snsors & ECU etc. Then return the old unit within a certain time period. As said, I believe LET's were £1000 going from the couple that were done like this on MIGweb. I guess the XE would be similar.
If Vauxhall could supply a complete engine with external ancillaries, I guess it would be extortionate tbh. Think multiple thousands of pounds, mainly done for insurance replacements really, so the price would be very high.

L14MNP
30-09-09, 04:21 PM
Thanks all. I know I will have to price mine lower than the equivalent XE (shame as IMO they're a better motor)

That info definitley gives me something to go on. Rep to all involved - if I can. :)

Benn
30-09-09, 07:14 PM
Was gonna says about 3years ago a let in a crate was £1500.

vx kev
30-09-09, 08:16 PM
I worked at a VX dealer a few years back, base price for an XE was about the £800 but bearing in mind that was just for the bare engine!