PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully got the break ive been after :d

boyle_46
30-09-09, 12:20 PM
Well some of you may know i have spent the last 4 years doing an apprenticeship in air-conditioning and refrigeration , i worked for a company in Belfast and travelled from Belfast to Dublin at least 3 times a week , in November last year they paid me and the rest of the apprentices off and i had been out of work from then just getting by from doing homers and little bits and pieces around a friends farm , to cut a long story short , i have got an interview for United Dairy Farmers working on thier refrigeration plants , i think i have a distinct advantage because my previous employer has lost thier contract with the dairy farmers and i have gained most of my expierience working on thier plants ahh i cant wait for the morning :d

Rysee
30-09-09, 12:34 PM
Well done mate, must be hard getting all those skills then somebody says you can't use them,

good luck

Southie
30-09-09, 12:35 PM
Fingers crossed :thumb:

brake-dust
30-09-09, 12:37 PM
good luck mate

Andy
30-09-09, 12:39 PM
Good luck fella

boyle_46
30-09-09, 01:02 PM
thanks fellas yes i have a NVQ level 2 and NVQ level 3 in engineering , im just fed up with doing dead end jobs worked in a few bars part time to bring in the funds but it wasnt enough so hopefully i get this job , but im not too sure weither i will be site based or get a landrover and travel from farm to farm I will then only have to spend a further 6 months at collage and finish the apprenticeship course on plant machinery , ive got all the welding and brazing standards certificates and gas handling should be a chage from working with commercial equipment in tescos stores and resturant cold / freezer rooms im feel like a kid at crimbo really cant wait to tomorrow morning :d .

Andy
30-09-09, 01:12 PM
sounds pretty cool mate lol

craig green
30-09-09, 02:00 PM
Nice one.

I have been toying with the idea of getting into Air Conditioning. Seems a bit less obvious than the usual plumbing or electrician.

comments?

boyle_46
30-09-09, 02:26 PM
craig go for it mate , you have nothing to loose and the skills you get can be used in various other jobs , i spent extra time doing a night course for fitting gas i used to work in the install department in my previous employment and installed gas pipes in resturants , tbh if you want to start with air-con i would reconsider , if you get the hang of refrigeration first off you will find air-con a doss , i made a few extra bucks during the summer chargeing the air-con in tractors and combines for lads around the ards penisula got me enough money to start my nova project and buy a estate mondeao , i am also going through the selection course for the royal navy to start as a marine engineer just have to wait untill the 14 october to do the RT tests i think its similar to psycometric tests used by the police / fire / ambulance services just want to broadin my horizons as im fed up doing crap jobs in bars etc ( im not dissings anyones profession here ) i need to start thinking of long term things here pension etc best to tackle that sort of thing whilst im young to save for later if you know what i mean ? .

stuartyj21
30-09-09, 09:36 PM
all the best for the interview nath...

NovaJackie
30-09-09, 10:31 PM
best of luck mr! fingers crossed! ;)