PDA

View Full Version : mk1 dash to mk 2 loom

boyle_46
30-09-09, 02:08 AM
as stated is it difficult to use a mark one dash with a mark 2 loom ? is there much needing done to pull it off ?

brainsnova
30-09-09, 02:21 AM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97606 this should help with the wiring

boyle_46
30-09-09, 02:33 AM
lol im looking to do the opposite of jacks how to lol

bmw156
30-09-09, 07:16 AM
iuts the same princable, get a mk1 dash with all the plugs, and some wire attached. then just wire in each plug as you go.

Spudly
30-09-09, 08:42 AM
Personally i cannot comprehend why you would want to swap a lovely mk2 dash for a terrible mk1 bench thing:roll:

But, you will need to chop and swap each plug one by one from mk2 to mk1, you will possibly run into bother doing the rear wash wipe if you have one, but nearly all the wores should be colour for colour, for the headlight adjusters i would just hide the plug behind the dash and not try to do anything with it as youre running mk1 front end iirc so wont have any need for it, but personally i would say stick to the mk2 as for one, theyre better...

Theyre a much better dash, theyre better, oh and mk1 dashes are poo:p

boyle_46
30-09-09, 10:47 AM
lol at spudly , mark 2 dash is not an option as my car is an early mark 1 , ive had a nova with mk2 dash an im not overly excited about them plus the mk 1 undertray kicks ass , ive got dash where i can hold a 500 ml bottle of coke just sits nice in the magazine rack thing , where as gay ass mk2 jobbies you have to wedge your drink between the seat and the door card :d

Spudly
30-09-09, 11:47 AM
So im guessing youve used a GSi loom in your mk1 then, and why dont you fit the mk2 dash undertrays as i used to keep 500ml bottles of lucozade on them and an mtb/total vaux mag fits perfectly on the passenger one, stop being ghey and fit a mk2 its easier lol

MK999
30-09-09, 11:52 AM
As above, drivers side undertray holds a 500ml bottle of coke perfectly. Bucket seats also hold everything perfectly, fit those instead lol

boyle_46
30-09-09, 12:04 PM
yupp using a gsi loom in the mk 1

craig green
30-09-09, 04:11 PM
Personally i cannot comprehend why you would want to swap a lovely mk2 dash for a terrible mk1 bench thing:roll:

I can. Aside from the mk2 dash being made of better insulated materials, they suck. Everything on the mk1 dash is at hand. Mk2 requires far more leaning & reaching etc. The best thing about the mk1 is the positioning of the headunit, far better than the mk2's slanted, low down, nonsense.

boyle_46
30-09-09, 04:35 PM
I can. Aside from the mk2 dash being made of better insulated materials, they suck. Everything on the mk1 dash is at hand. Mk2 requires far more leaning & reaching etc. The best thing about the mk1 is the positioning of the headunit, far better than the mk2's slanted, low down, nonsense.

this guy speaks sense ! lol dont want to reuin (sp) the car by fitting mark 2 dash shes a early mk1 so i want to keep it

craig green
30-09-09, 04:52 PM
Not to mention the dreaded 'mk2 hazard switch'. Or the vvanky glovebox latches.

I'm sick of my Black GSi dash. Grey FTW.

Spudly
30-09-09, 05:07 PM
Just to ask a question, why is it everyone but myself has a problem with mk2 glovebox mech's, ive had about ten or so novas and 99% have been mk2's and ive never once broken or had a problem with any glovebox lid?

boyle_46
30-09-09, 05:09 PM
lol my mark 2 dash is still in the other car if you want it , hate them also anyone know if i will need to cut the hazzard switch wires or will they just attach the same ? :L

brainsnova
30-09-09, 05:09 PM
prefering the mk2 dash shows your age as the mk1 was to love and same layout as the sport :thumb:

Joe Richardson
30-09-09, 07:21 PM
Mk1 dashboard FTW:thumb:

but i do like a black GSI dashboard aswell:cool:

sparkie1401
30-09-09, 09:24 PM
i dont mind either dash, but they both have pros an cons

mk1 has a better clock position and hazard switch

mk2 have more desirable heater controls

i hate the hazard switch but it is what it is, so i wont loose sleep

i agree with spud, never had any mk2 glove box issues, pull the latch gently, lift slightly and it opens

Spudly
30-09-09, 09:42 PM
i agree with spud, never had any mk2 glove box issues, pull the latch gently, lift slightly and it opens

Its all these heavy handed baxter-like mofos simply too rough with it lol

Oh and boyle, you only had a solitary blob, so have another:thumb:

brainsnova
30-09-09, 09:43 PM
Its all these heavy handed baxter-like mofos simply too rough with it lol

correct i had no issues but im gentle with nova's :d

craig green
01-10-09, 12:26 PM
Just to ask a question, why is it everyone but myself has a problem with mk2 glovebox mech's, ive had about ten or so novas and 99% have been mk2's and ive never once broken or had a problem with any glovebox lid?

Personally I don't. But I've seen countless broken glove boxes, not to mention my mate that managed to do something to mine & now it rattles & buzzes etc. he's a car fanatic too & generally not in the habit of breaking things. Thinking about it, many things on a Nova need a delicate, experienced touch to use properly/avoid brreakage.

Spudly
01-10-09, 12:57 PM
Thinking about it, many things on a Nova need a delicate, experienced touch to use properly/avoid brreakage.

In all fairness i think thats part of the charm tbh, its like the frog that lives on top of the clutch pedal and makes the squeak noise when the pedal is pushed in and squishes it lol

Jack
01-10-09, 03:47 PM
Get a Haynes, trace the wiring. Its really not that hard; my diagrams will help but you'll need to use your ned and effectively reverse them.

As for the Mk1 vs Mk2 debate. Do you ever see a mk2 dash in brown? The colour of poo? No. Case closed.

boyle_46
01-10-09, 05:33 PM
mk2 = Fail on so many levels lol

craig green
01-10-09, 05:37 PM
As for the Mk1 vs Mk2 debate. Do you ever see a mk2 dash in brown? The colour of poo? No. Case closed.

Nah case wide open. ;)