PDA

View Full Version : c20xe no spark

reid_em
29-09-09, 09:27 PM
i have got to the stage in my m8ts nova xe build where i wanted to test for a spark. but unfortunatly havent got one. i have connected all the plugs on the xe loom and joined the cables by the screen wash bottle as normal. but still have nothing.
the only calbe that i have read about but unfortunatly can not find is a black cable by the gearbox that is supposed to be connected to a ingnition live or something. any help would be much appriciated i have done a redtop conversion before but had help with wiring and this has caught me out now :( . thanks any way:thumb:

bikerboi
30-09-09, 02:08 PM
black wire would stop it sparking. should be between the fuel rail wiring and the coil wires ( if dizzy type) on the gearbox side iirc. may have a single plug connector on the end but these are sometimes cut off when removed. hope this helps

custardcreams58
30-09-09, 03:10 PM
yer i think it maybe the black cable??

craig green
30-09-09, 03:57 PM
What model of Nova is it going into?

You need to understand the colour of the loom wires. Theres only 7 to connect up.

reid_em
30-09-09, 05:54 PM
has anyone got a close up picture of the connections from old loom to new loom so i can insure i have connected up the right wires. and there is deffornatly no black cable between fuel rail and dizzy, anywhere else i could find it???

reid_em
30-09-09, 07:22 PM
forgot to mention in previous post it is going into a 1.2 spin (carb model) thanks again

custardcreams58
01-10-09, 02:02 AM
basically reid_em started thred up for me its my car me and reid was out on car today we found the black cable connected up to a live NO SPARK :(:(:(:( weve got the early style loom does this make a differnce help please?? what else could stop it sparking??

yayoboy
01-10-09, 03:04 AM
crank sensor, dizzy, leads, plugs. also try and connect the black wire to a permenant live, just to rule out gettin your ignition lives mixed up

custardcreams58
01-10-09, 10:23 AM
we got a new dizzy and sparks on it did the ignition live to a permernat live last night no joy

custardcreams58
02-10-09, 01:38 AM
my mate reid was out on the engine tonight and he somehow managed to make it spark not sure what he did he did do something with black wires tho!!! thanks everyone