PDA

View Full Version : MOT thursday

bmw156
29-09-09, 08:48 PM
EEEEAAAAAKKKKKK

i think its gonna fail. but it should only be small things

i think it will fail on, possibly split CV joint. and a side repeater is not working.

now the front panel is solid. all should be well other then that

i am taking it to the garage next door to my work. so hopefully it will pass!!

Andy
29-09-09, 08:50 PM
I know its going to fail on split cv and non working side repeater.
Get them done

Benn
29-09-09, 08:50 PM
Have you checked the things you are worried it may fail on?
Dont worry, i never get why people do worry for, if its gonna fail its gonna fail. You just fix it and your sorted.

bmw156
29-09-09, 08:51 PM
well, i think im gonna superglue the CV just to get it through the MOT.

and the side repeater. i might have a look at it tomorrow after work.

Iain
29-09-09, 08:53 PM
If you bodge it for the MOT you'll never get round to fixing it properly though?!

Lee H
29-09-09, 08:53 PM
Good luck!

Got mine on Friday but car has only done 500 miles since the last one and never been out in the rain this year so should be ok hopefully.

Benn
29-09-09, 08:54 PM
If you bodge it for the MOT you'll never get round to fixing it properly though?!

Very try, leave the cv. If it fails then replace it.

Spudly
29-09-09, 09:08 PM
Hahahahaha, glue the CV, would that be with the special glue they sell that sticks to grease, same people make that as the paint that turns rot into solid clean metal then?

brainsnova
29-09-09, 09:15 PM
cv boot takes no time 3 bolts.

Benn
29-09-09, 09:21 PM
Hahahahaha, glue the CV, would that be with the special glue they sell that sticks to grease, same people make that as the paint that turns rot into solid clean metal then?

lol i filled a exs years ago with a rubbery sealer..lol It passed.

Then blew to bits a few days later...

Jack
29-09-09, 09:24 PM
Wrap it in duct tape :cool:

bmw156
30-09-09, 05:49 PM
just a thought, will my car fail on the hazard switch, it works if you pull it out.

Spudly
30-09-09, 05:56 PM
just a thought, will my car fail on the hazard switch, it works if you pull it out.

Youve removed the springs on it then, you will have to inform the tester of this then, aslong as it still operates the hazards on/off correctly then no it wont!

bmw156
01-10-09, 01:37 PM
ok, it failed :D lol

dunno why im happy. but it failed on

the side repeater, as mentioned above

reg plate light not working

and the Cv boot insecurly secured

so IMO pretty easy fixes, and then jobs good.

nothing said about the hazard, and also one advisory. driver side tyre, wearing unevenly but still legal

Southie
01-10-09, 01:43 PM
Fail for not fixing the eassssiest of things and you even knew what they were before. :roll: You numpty. :thumb:

bmw156
01-10-09, 01:49 PM
Fail for not fixing the eassssiest of things and you even knew what they were before. :roll: You numpty. :thumb:

lol

i know what your saying, but its no biggy for me, the garage is liek next door at work. so i would normally drive in anyway lol

and i have 14 days to get a retest for free so winwin

and yeh i knew the things were wrong, but i kinda booked the MOT a bit close so didnt have time. i did replace a headlight bulb and bought a indicator bulb, but the front indicator and not the side repeater.

its all good tho, i have ordered my new parts and it will be done soon :d

Benn
01-10-09, 06:00 PM
Sorry you went to an mot with a bulb out?

bmw156
01-10-09, 06:59 PM
Sorry you went to an mot with a bulb out?

lol, a side repeater, the small one on the wing.

like i said, its no biggy. just when i went into ask for an mot she was like thursday and i said yes kinda not thinking about it.

Lee H
02-10-09, 09:40 AM
Mine passed after some fun and games getting it on the ramp. Also the splitter was sat on the floor whilst in the brake tester. They must love mot's on my cars.

Riggy
02-10-09, 05:42 PM
lol nice one lee,

but martin when you do a mot check on your car now it will show that it originaly failed , even though it was a **** fail lol , nearly as bad as my no water in washer bottle fail lol