PDA

View Full Version : Problems....

Anonymous
09-12-00, 06:12 PM
I have big problems at the moment, my car battery keeps running flat, and I've changed the battery over already but it still happens.
The window wipers dont work at all really which means the car is non driveable at night and in the rain, and the lights drain the battery too!
The battery meter goes down when the indicators are on and after a while the car will cut out and I'll be stuck!
I think I need a new alternator, I've got my Dad to put his tester on it and he said that it isnt charging the alternator or something like that....any help much appreciated.

Also, how do you change over a alternator on a 1.3SR?
Thanx guys,
CHR!S.

Anonymous
09-12-00, 08:38 PM
really simple, there are 2 bolts that hold it in place, one at the top and one at the bottom. The one at the top is the one you use to tension the alternator belt, you can loosen it and pull the alternator back to tighten the belt or remove the bolt completely to remove the alternator. the one at the bottom is just as simple,(but a little more tricky to get to!!) just remember where any wires were and disconnect your battery first!!!(I didn't do that and preetty much welded one of my alternator wires onto the engine block!!!!not good!) remove the 2 bolts, lift out the old alternator and then put the new one back in again, then once the bottom bolt is tightened, use the upper one to stop the belt slipping. hope that helps. John

Anonymous
10-12-00, 01:15 AM
A big thanks goes out to NOVATAKER who came out at 10pm to fix my alternator.
It turns out that the earth wire had come off the earth bolt, and therefor the alternator wasnt charging!
Now the car runs better then ever!
Thanks also to jkhilton for his help.
Cheerz guyz!

Anonymous
10-12-00, 09:44 PM
No worries Chris, Anytime!! Us Nova boyz r here to help each other out!!