PDA

View Full Version : crakc in exhasut, loss in power?

TUBZGSXR
09-03-03, 03:59 PM
ok ive got a mahuuuuuuuuusive crack half way down my exhaust sytem, basically the 2nd half of the system might as well not be there! its very noisey and the car feels a tad raspy when i put my foot down, would there be a loss in power and pick up? its and SRI (decated)

mikeoxford
09-03-03, 04:33 PM
possibly yes.

say this because i lost tremendous amount of power when my manifold started to leak

ade
09-03-03, 06:31 PM
you'll lose power - especially when accelerating. Summut to do with the engine drawing air back up the pipe or the gasses not clearing.

I'm not sure quite how it works but its the same as if you put a too bigger pipe diameter on the engine -0 the gassesd kind of hang about and dont get out causing a blowback vortex thing

Think I'm talking sh1te now...but you get the drift.

You will lose power

mikeoxford
09-03-03, 06:44 PM
Think I'm talking sh1te now...

i think that about myself all the time m8 dont worry!

whitey
09-03-03, 09:14 PM
If its the standard system just goto scrappy and get one off of the same model as yours! Make sure its mk1 if you have mk1 etc! Not sure which are interchangable if any!

If its a performance one then save your pennys and dont buy one of them again!

mikeoxford
09-03-03, 09:58 PM
is it worth going the scrappy for a standard exhaust though?

around this area they would happily rob you of a tenner or so, whereas my mom just bought a new centre section for her metty from Hi-Q tyre and exhaust for ?24

may as well go new............