PDA

View Full Version : 20xe nova trackcar?

MIK
28-09-09, 08:40 PM
hey people, i need some advice on wether i should run a 20xe or a c16xe in a nova for a track/race car. i like the idea of having an 20xe because there will be plenty of power to play with and no need for engine mods for a while and so keeping the reliablity of a standard engine. but im put off by the idea of lots of understeer (which im sure is managable) and bad weight distribution (engine very heavy for car). so out of your experience whats the best engine to go for, would the redtop be as fast round the bends as the 1600? :)

Mike
28-09-09, 08:46 PM
2.0 every time. Proven results countless times over makes me say that.

wwmnw
28-09-09, 08:47 PM
In standard form I would imagine the redtop would be quicker even if it is heavier but its also down to driving style, you may get alot of people saying 1600 now though as there is some pretty powerful 1.6 owners on here and they're lighter up front etc all down to what you want.

DAFTJOHN
28-09-09, 08:47 PM
Tbh go for the xe as it's the cheapest to get most bhp from. Even at that the track I goto has alot of cars faster than the xe too. Nice coilvers stitch and seam weld with polly bushes will make it go round bends well enough

chris gsi
28-09-09, 09:00 PM
i would say 2.0 as i have been running one as a track car for a few years now and the do handle well with good suspension set up i have never found a problem with the bends just the straights i need more power for now

let_nova
28-09-09, 09:02 PM
Tbh go for the xe as it's the cheapest to get most bhp from. Even at that the track I goto has alot of cars faster than the xe too. Nice coilvers stitch and seam weld with polly bushes will make it go round bends well enough

take your own advicelol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol :eek: :eek:

MIK
28-09-09, 09:35 PM
lol lol cheers lads seems like the 20xe is the most praised. btw what are the f20 boxes like strength wise (been punished around a track lap after lap)

Mike
28-09-09, 09:40 PM
An F20 will take funk loads of abuse, but when they let go its normally a spectacular noise lol

DAFTJOHN
28-09-09, 09:48 PM
take your own advicelol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol :eek: :eek:
Haha that shell don't need it, it's solid but I will get it done over the winter lol

let_nova
28-09-09, 09:48 PM
bring it down and we will do it.

Adam
28-09-09, 09:57 PM
Ive owned both.
20xe ftw

MIK
28-09-09, 10:26 PM
An F20 will take funk loads of abuse, but when they let go its normally a spectacular noise lol

lol lol hahaha well ill look forward to that noise!! cheers lads.

Ernie
29-09-09, 08:25 AM
i would say the xe as been running one for a few years on track.
For handling a good set of coilovers and a quafe diff will do the trick.