PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 Dash conversion.

Nova-Boy
09-03-03, 02:45 AM
Does anybody know the whereabouts of a guide to DIY dash conversions. I want to have a go but have no idea.

Need to do some research fist.

Thanks

novax
09-03-03, 10:24 AM
First off it is quite easy, it'll drop straight in. Some slight re-wiring is required. firstly you'll need Corsa stalks (i have a set for sale) and run 2 wires from the old rear wiper switch to the new stalk. Secondly you'll need to cut off the fan switch connector and swap the wires about. For some reason the Mk2 switch is a mirror image of the Mk1 :?: All this can be worked out from the Haynes manual by looking at the electrical drawings in the back.

You're looking at a good days work to do it properly, a steering wheel puller is also well worth buying. Don't hit the steering wheel with a hammer as it'll damage the column.

A good place to go for any guides in Mike Oxfords site, nova-land.com

Best of luck

mikeoxford
09-03-03, 11:27 AM
ive done the mod before

it is worth taking your time over, tidy all wiring up behind it etc and you dont want it to rattle etc.

i have 2 sets of mk2 nova stalks - youll need either a set of these or also a set of corsa stalks what me and novax have got.

so get in touch with one of us.............

you also need a few bits n pieces like the shroud that goes around the sterring column - the under dash trays, i think thats it? :?

centre console................

Nova-Boy
09-03-03, 04:25 PM
Thanks boys. Just got a new car so i'm planning all the things i could do to it!! Oh Happy dyas!