PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 16v novas

kc_08
27-09-09, 05:08 PM
hi i should be buying a 1.4 16v engine to put in my base 1.0 model lol, just woundering it comes with everything il need, but il still change the belts and stuff, just asking like which mounts il need to change and how do the mounts go? welded or bolted to the engine then to the car or vise versa, and how do i go bout fueling the beast? any set ups i should use to make it easier?
probably get someone to fit it for me but just getting an idea, has anyone got a garage to do the work, what did they charge if so, there have all the parts they need so its pretty much just labour,
i read the "HOW TO" thread but just good way of getting all the info.
thanks!

AlexW
27-09-09, 08:06 PM
If you have read the thread that i made then you should know!

Mounts are standard nova ones, but your need 1.2 at least for the left engine mount. As for if you put the mount on the engine or onto the car first is personal choice and depends how you put the engine in.

Fuel, its in the guide, your need to change the lines. Oh and if you want a engine, PM me.

kc_08
29-09-09, 04:20 PM
ive had a good read of it but mines only a 1.0 there fore different mounts, or can i just use the corsa mounts and bolt them into the engine bay? is there a fuel pump to run for the injection system? id say il be putting the engine in from under the car if its easier?