PDA

View Full Version : my car is nearly dead

Riggy
27-09-09, 02:43 PM
lol was goin to take car out for abit today , but when i started it i had no oil pressure and the light wouldnt go off , took the oil cap of and there were no oil spraying round the cam area , sooo

where does my prob lie ,

lee h said to check to oile relief valve as sometimes they stick ,

what other things can i look for /check , wont have the chance to do it untill mid week but any helop would be good ,

:thumb:

ps if its dead anyone got a cheap xe before the 10th oct rr day

philip
27-09-09, 02:49 PM
bring it down and rebuild the bottom end...or atleast a new set of big ends/mains..poss crank...i have plenty of spares!lol

check the oil pump gears arent shattered, you would more than likely hear them if it did though.

stupot89
27-09-09, 03:00 PM
i would go with what lee h is sayin mate ive known a few to do that

brainsnova
27-09-09, 03:08 PM
atleast you noticed the light.

philip
27-09-09, 03:28 PM
fingers crossed cranks ok:thumb:

Graeme
27-09-09, 04:40 PM
Please put a new sump on it if you strip it down

Rich
27-09-09, 04:57 PM
Oil releif valve if that looks good get the sump off and make sure the pickups not blocked, otherwise your looking at a pump

Benn
27-09-09, 05:14 PM
Odd when my relief valve was sticking it was making the pressure stay very high not low..

philip
27-09-09, 05:59 PM
dpends if stuck in or out

djbrowney
27-09-09, 06:01 PM
dpends if stuck in or out

hi phillip :cool:

Will F
27-09-09, 06:45 PM
If its been sat - I would say the relief valve tbh - was it tapping etc?

could just be a dodgy gauge though? Although if you blip the throttle with the oil cap off, you should get sprayed! lol

Lee H
27-09-09, 07:11 PM
Light is on as well as gauge reading low. Thought it would be unlikely that both parts of the sensor or dash would fail?

Riggy
27-09-09, 07:40 PM
yeah its only been sat a week , was fine last sunday , and always had good pressure with the engine never once had low pressure , so im hoping its just a bit of crud in the release valve , ill get a look during the week and if not ill whip sump off and check pick-up ,

GD i'll stick a new sump on it when i manage to find one lol , there like rocking horse **** haha

Graeme
27-09-09, 08:32 PM
Excuses excuses, free ones will be like rocking horse poo

Benn
27-09-09, 08:39 PM
GD i'll stick a new sump on it when i manage to find one lol , there like rocking horse **** haha

Really? I binned my last spare...

Will F
27-09-09, 08:56 PM
just give her a healthy tap with a hammer and give it another try....

It hppened to me on the M5, and all I had was a 19mm spanner to leather it with! lol

jimbob-mcgrew
28-09-09, 12:57 AM
might be a clogged to crap pickup gauze ?
youll notice as soon as the sump comes off if so.

what else ? ... shot oil pump or blocked oil ways ?

not getting oil in the water and vice versa are ya ?

Will F
28-09-09, 08:21 AM
For the oil light to be on - it would REALLY have to be clogged up! They come on at 2 psi or something, so it will be pump releated I bet!

Probably best not take it for a rag as it is! lol

Riggy
29-09-09, 12:10 AM
Excuses excuses, free ones will be like rocking horse poo

lol i dont want a free one , just not paying £40 for another hahaha

Dar
29-09-09, 06:31 PM
I haven't heard you say that you have checked the oil level yet.

Spudly
29-09-09, 07:25 PM
I haven't heard you say that you have checked the oil level yet.

Just what i was thinking, especially when its got a leaky sump and has been stood a week, bang some oil in it you tart (and i dont mean cheapo shoite like the diesel oil you got from me at the NW meet lol)

Adam
29-09-09, 07:33 PM
Id go with relief valve too.
Hope even running it with the light on hasnt damaged anything.....

Riggy
29-09-09, 10:57 PM
yeah oil level is fine , have to check it before i take it out as the sump has a small crack near one of the bolts so it leaks ,

and it wasnt ran for long just started it and rolled out of my garage so i think it should be fine , if its dead then its turbo time :)

MK999
29-09-09, 11:17 PM
yeah oil level is fine , have to check it before i take it out as the sump has a small crack near one of the bolts so it leaks ,

and it wasnt ran for long just started it and rolled out of my garage so i think it should be fine , if its dead then its turbo time :)

So why are you not currently out in it down the country lanes with no oil pressure? ;)lol

Riggy
29-09-09, 11:35 PM
cos i dont want to intentionally break it , but its just one of them rules if something does brake then make it better lol

Lee H
30-09-09, 12:14 AM

should be turbo time anyway, xe's are just a quick stop gap!