PDA

View Full Version : Rally Design 2 1/4" Twin Box System

paul91085
26-09-09, 10:59 PM
Has anyone bought one of these systems for their nova? If so, are they any good?

I have a 2l 8v GSI and need a new exhaust and this one didn't seem to bad. Or has anyone else got any better suggestions for exhausts to go for? :thumb:

Paul

Mike
26-09-09, 11:01 PM
Its just an Ashley system in disguise chap.

MK999
26-09-09, 11:05 PM
I thought 2 1/4 twin box sounded familiar lol I got one (ashley)! Good exhausts though, would probably be a bit less of an asbo magnet than what yours sounded like at PV but it still makes a bit of a rumble :d

paul91085
27-09-09, 03:35 PM
Cheers guys. Mk999, how loud is yours when driving along? Mine at the moment is fairly quiet until you hit the throttle, but don't want anything thats going to do my head in after 30 mins of driving.

MK999
27-09-09, 05:04 PM
It burbles a fair bit when it's coming down off the revs, fairly quiet when just rolling though, hard to say really as mine is entirely stripped out. You can't hold a conversation at 4000+ but I could hear other novas going past me at trax/combe so it can't be too anti social. Most of the noise in mine would be stopped by rear carpet/sound deadening seats etc I think.

edit: Compared to a standard exhaust in mine, it's probably as loud rolling along on the throttle slightly as a completely standard exhaust (on a 1.2!) higher up the revs say 3-4000. And the backbox on that was brand new pretty much (came out a scrappy but still had the stickers on the exhaust) Best way I can compare it really.