PDA

View Full Version : Problem solved

Dan
26-09-09, 07:43 PM
As most of you are aware i had abit of a rant last weekend due to having enough of trying to replace the vectra elite i had written off, after some fool pulling out in front of me.

After weeks and weeks of looking at every single model car on the planet a little glimmer of hope appeared on monday, which had me trundling upto west brom to view an elite at a vauxhall dealers. Now initially and within normal circumstances this would sound rather painful for the wallet, but i had found a car to replace what i had and in the long run financially appeared better off, even if i hadnt written my old one off.

Basically my original elite had almost 70k on the clock (would of defo hit that by now) and was due a service/mot/tax/regas of climate etc etc in november. This one was obviously offered with only 49k on the clock, 12mths ticket, i got them to add 6 months tax into the deal, i also had 4 new tyres chucked on with a service and full check over. To top it off the warranty for what its worth is a full 12mths unlimited mileage jobby that if i have to i can obviously use at any dealer which is handy as i have one within 500yrds of my house.

The extra cost over my pay out was £600, so in the long run this has been a cheaper alternative with 12mths hassle free motoring and 20k less on the clock to boot with the leather/climate etc same as before. Only snag it is 6 mths older model wise and i havent got the dab radio setup which my old one had which was very very good, a small price me thinks

So i pick it up today....... Not 20 miles from the garage it lost all power and slowed down lol lol lol , a quick call to the dealers and a mechanic was sent straight out, sourced it to the egr valve which he had along with a few random parts just in case, so 20 minutes on the side of the M5 and the brand new egr valve was fitted and i trundled home happy :thumb:. Going from the 118bhp/206lbft upto 147bhp/232lbft was suprisingly smoother than expected, the car drives alot better and obviously has abit more gogo when required, economy also seems on par if not a small tad better than the old one.

Heres a few brief pics, i havent gone wild as i couldnt be arsed, and also my idea of a valet seems to be far different but then i am abit fussy so when i have given it a proper clean i wil get some more up

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff163/Dan_R_album/newback.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff163/Dan_R_album/newfront.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff163/Dan_R_album/newside.jpg

brainsnova
26-09-09, 07:47 PM
see the whole world isnt a ******* lol. good find in the end.

Dan
26-09-09, 07:51 PM
Tbh my brother-in-law spotted it on the network q site, it had only been handed in last thursday, on the forecourt saturday, i viewed tuesday and had it lol

Stuart
26-09-09, 07:51 PM
so its the old car resprayed :p lol

Dan
26-09-09, 07:56 PM
lol lol lol yup, and faster and mechanically younger. I reckon it was probably the best move and i did like my old one as they cover all bases for general stuff like commuting or dragging a few acres worth of flowers to weddings etc

Benn
26-09-09, 08:57 PM
Looks like a tool.

Rich
26-09-09, 09:03 PM
Not bad is it the 1.9 diesel? EGR vavles always a problem, lucky it went now because it would of done some time in the future.

Dan
26-09-09, 09:06 PM
yeh its the 1.9 16v cdti, the one that got destroyed was the 8v version so i was quite aware of the issues the 2 different sorts have. Also fully agree it was a good job it went when it did, not that it mattered anyway in the long run but to get it sorted so easy this way was defo better. I think the guy thought i was going to go mental but i took it as in the way mentioned :)

Mike
26-09-09, 09:22 PM
Some trek from your part of earth to West Brom Dan (the dealership in the Brom aint to far from me really)

Top deal though it sounds TBH :)

ade
26-09-09, 10:40 PM
'bout time!

good buy. bet yer chuffed

Lee
26-09-09, 10:56 PM
Your right, id does look a tad higher for some reason.

Needs to be slammed lol

Mike
26-09-09, 11:21 PM
Trac'o'ter?

Dan
26-09-09, 11:26 PM
ive just compared the pics to my old one from a similar angle and tbh there's not alot of difference, maybe a trick of the eye due to colour etc, either way its staying as is, due to being a tad comfier than the old one :)

MK999
26-09-09, 11:37 PM
looking at it now it is on stilts lol Good result though, fella I work with just wrote off his 1.0 12v corsa and ended up with a 1.8 SRi in black, seems it's a good move atm lol

AlexW
26-09-09, 11:38 PM
I too checked the pics again, looks like a tractor! At least your happy with it tho

Southie
26-09-09, 11:46 PM
Where is the old vectra? Couldn't you get the dab stereo from it.

Nice motors but remind me of sales reps. lol

Dan
27-09-09, 12:10 AM
The old vectra has long gone now to the scrapyard in the sky, i did ask at the dealers what the score was with just getting another radio the same and putting it in, but by the time you have messed around and got the new one coded to the ecu etc the hassle would be just to much. I could in time just fit a non standard radio with dab and sat nav built in for similar money which obviously has more benefits, esp as said radio's do dvd/cd's anyway so could just bung a crap load of albums onto a dvd rather than worrying about the simple 4 disc changer i have in the dash now.

All food for thought though, main thing is i have a comfy cruiser again for my daily commute to and from work :d another reason why the stance can stay, its for bashing along motorways and boring a roads so the more comfy the better, if i want to try and kill myself thats where the pleasure of owning a track car like i have is ;)

Lee
27-09-09, 12:49 AM
if i want to try and kill myself thats where the pleasure of owning a track car like i have is ;)

Until next year, and the annual crash :d

Stuart
27-09-09, 09:20 AM
another reason why the stance can stay, its for bashing along motorways and boring a roads so the more comfy the better

or for collecting lots of pretty pink flowers lol

Jack
27-09-09, 12:22 PM
Captain on deck, poot poot lol

Nice buy though, our old works barge had was a 1.9 cdti. Does it pick up from standing alright? Ours used to be a bit sluggish off the line but I just put that down to the auto box being slow.

Riggy
27-09-09, 02:37 PM
very nice dan , now get a tuning box on there and get it to 200 bhp and **** more mpg lol , chris got his for about 50 from the ebay :thumb:

Paul
27-09-09, 03:37 PM
Nice Dan, glad youre happy with it and youve sorted it.

Funny how things like that actually turn out to do you a favour sometimes isnt it?

Dan
27-09-09, 03:57 PM
cheers guys,

Jack its fine, the old one suprised lee on the odd occasion but this one is alot better if you know how to launch them, also being a manual is better with the diesel

Riggy the tuning box's can stay away from it lol, for its purpose its more than man enough, i did enjoy my 120 cdti so the 150 is an added bonus (same same to tuning my old one anyway tbh) also the tuning box's are good in theory but can have downsides.

Paul, yeh it seems to be a habit of mine of late lol

Welsh Dan
27-09-09, 05:58 PM
Nice car Dan. I'd stay away from tuning boxes aswell. If mine wasn't on the never never, it would have a decat, bigger intercooler and a proper remap by now :).