PDA

View Full Version : ZF LSD, what they like?

stevei
24-09-09, 08:46 PM
Hi guys, i've found a ZF lsd for sale that needs a re-build. I have heard of them but don't know much about them. Normally you see people with quaife or gripper diffs. i think the ZF one is like the gripper using plates. what are they like and what money should i be offering? and is it a worth while upgarde for my track car?

my gearbox is a F13CR with a 4.18CWP btw

cheers

ste

SR-Rally
24-09-09, 09:18 PM
yeah def worth getting one. all the people round me who stage rally them use zf unless they have a quaife box. i no harry hockley as his unit is just down from mine and he told me that it was the best diff for my car, he said they helped disign them :s don't no what you should be paying second hand tho bud

stevei
24-09-09, 09:32 PM
cheers for that mate. i'll have a quick look on the hhms website

ste

stevei
24-09-09, 09:45 PM
diffs are £598.00 new. all the parts for re-build still avaliable. need to find out if its 70% or 30%. think the 70% is for tarmac. i know it does have small side gears for standard shafts ( i think thats what there for )

ste

stevei
26-09-09, 11:19 AM
after a bit more homework, their a gear type diff. small side gears is to suit the F13 casing.

ste

scott.parker
26-09-09, 11:29 AM
So if you have worked out it's compatible, then best thing to do is work out what sort of price you need to spend on re-ferbing etc, then make the person an offer based upon that mate.

Scott