PDA

View Full Version : Last night we flatted back the car...

novax
08-03-03, 12:00 PM
Last night we attacted the Nova with 800 grit wet and dry. Ian my body shop guy and myself did the whole car and it's off for the first coat today.

Coat 1: filler primer (today) over all the bits we've repaired or blended.
Coat 2: Etch primer all over the shell
Coat 3: Vauxhalls Kryton green (2 coats possibly)
Coat 4: Laquer, top line stuff it's ?300 a gallon but you only need one coat 8)

This is last night
http://vaux-md.net/novax/flattedback.jpg

Ste_Nova
08-03-03, 12:25 PM
you forgot to take the windows out

ade
08-03-03, 12:29 PM
lol ste I was gonna say the same thing before I saw yer post!

:D

novax - u planning ion keeping them in and spraying car (masking windows obv!)

Personally I'd take em out so you dont get the tell tale spray line around the rubber edge (unless you plan to raise that with cord or summut)

U using 2 pac?

Keep the pics coming

Ade
:wink:

novax
08-03-03, 03:34 PM
Guys, guys, guys..... Do you really think I'd leave the windows in???? :o If you actually knew me you wouldn't even think such a thing. Today we're only spraying filler-primer on the skirts and where we've blended them in. we'll then leave it for 48 hours to dry properly and sink so when we flat that back it'll stay that way.

The windows are still in only to keep them safe. All the glass will be removed and the last bits flatted just before we start on the primer for the whole shell etc.

The paint is genuine Vauxhall water based as used on the new cars from the factory.

Ste_Nova
08-03-03, 04:49 PM
it still has the dash in!!

Ian
08-03-03, 05:17 PM
gonna look good. get pics up when finished

Fester
08-03-03, 05:22 PM
coming on well, keep the pics coming

techie
08-03-03, 07:18 PM
Looking well smart mate :)

novax
08-03-03, 11:23 PM
Lines round the dash, I ask you....... :( Some people, LOL. It's first outing will be to Doncaster on the VxlSCC stand both days.

techie
09-03-03, 12:59 AM
Hopefully mine will be on there aswell so ill pop accross and say hello for sure.

Tilly
09-03-03, 11:01 AM
8) :D

whitey
09-03-03, 09:50 PM
Lookin good! Cant wait to see it finished!

My baby will be like that soon! Changing colour so will be as close to bare shell as poss although I aint too sure if i can be arsed to remove everything inside which wont be seen! Bet i will though!

novax
09-03-03, 11:34 PM
strip it all. you'll regret it if you don't. It's not that hard afterall.

Ben (lurk75)
09-03-03, 11:37 PM
strip it all. you'll regret it if you don't. It's not that hard afterall.

Easy for you to say!

Whenever i take a piece of my car i get little kids knocking on the door asking if i want to sell it!

novax
14-03-03, 08:42 AM
Well we were at it again the last 2 nights..... the shell is now ready for painting :D we just need to flat the paint now the windows are out and that's less than an hours work. Saturday they will degreese the shell and mask up all the holes. This will be done in the spray booth, that way come Monday morning they'l have to spray it 8) Over the next week the doors, bonnte and tailgate will be finished and then next weekend Vaux-MD hit the dealership to re-build the car :D

Ian has done a fantastic job on the sill skirts, looks like they're the same panel pressing. Have a look.

http://vaux-md.net/novax/p2primer1.jpg

It's just so close now :D

Ben (lurk75)
14-03-03, 06:03 PM
They do look very well done. Is he based near to you as will be looking for a decent painter in the not so distant future.

whitey
14-03-03, 06:46 PM
Yes! Looks good! Getting there! Excited yet?

novax
14-03-03, 09:32 PM
The paintshops in Cirencester, but they ain't cheap. Am I excited? Too right! "X" has been off the road since December. I've got so much new gear to go on that I'm dreaming about it.... :D

With any luck I and some of the Vaux-MD team will be there on next Saturday morning fitting it up.

You've all seen the new seats...

http://vaux-md.net/novax/p2newtoys.jpg

?Marty?
15-03-03, 01:41 AM
but they ain't cheap

Trying to put people off? Or are you the posessive, jeallous type? :lol:

Cheap and/or quality but expensice work, is what people wanna now.

novax
15-03-03, 11:32 PM
Do you really wanna know?

OK, here you go........ It's the Cirencester Vauxhall Dealership! Top guys.

Bet you never saw that one coming :D

novax
22-03-03, 11:47 PM
Well, we spent most of the day putting "X" back together today :D the doors still need painting and that'll be done Monday. It's now got bumpers, grille and the body glass fitted - Monday night it'll be finished and I pick it up Friday, at last "X" rides again.

Tilly
22-03-03, 11:57 PM
i cant wait to c it :lol:

?Marty?
23-03-03, 12:04 AM
Nice one.

It's great when you get your car back after having something 'major' done to it.

Mine should be coming out the bodyshop in a few weeks too. :D

novax
25-03-03, 09:51 AM
Monday 24th March:

We've spent the night in the bodyshop. Fresh oil, topped up the water and "X" started up first kick - not bad for 4 months sat in the shop. All the other trim is in and as you can see we got the seats in as well. They need adjusting but I'll need to drive the car before i can do it properly :D

http://vaux-md.net/novax/p2newseatsin.jpg

Very happy now

Tilly
25-03-03, 01:27 PM
yummy

wisewood
25-03-03, 01:28 PM
nice - very nice.

Tilly
25-03-03, 01:33 PM
i get to see her in the flesh soon 2 8)

wisewood
25-03-03, 01:34 PM
novax - i demand you fetch it to the sheffield meet a week on sunday mate :D

Tilly
25-03-03, 01:36 PM
hmmmmmm no (think its the mig r/r were all going to that)

wisewood
25-03-03, 02:13 PM
oh well fine!!!

:lol:

you told us ages ago you were coming to this meet tilly... you just go off with your new friends at mig instead then :lol:

novax
25-03-03, 08:25 PM
I'm afraid I have my son on that weekend and he lives in west Wales so it's a bit far to travel as he's only little. On the other hand you'll all get to see "X" in the flash at Donney on the VxlSCC stand on both days.

It will be at the MIG RR but only as a visitor and because it's local.