PDA

View Full Version : Brakes locking up?

Nobby
23-09-09, 05:54 PM
Another problem lol since fitting my carbs again!! right its either me going to quick? or a problem with my servo? Right im using a standard xe manifold chopped and rewelded to fit my carbs now the servo fitting has been moved due to the size of the manifold onto the side ( i will get a pic ) But ive been told if that was the problem the pedal would just be hard?? but as i said if im going quick and have to hit the brakes hard it locks up now it never did that before? any help appreciated again!!:thumb:

AlexW
23-09-09, 05:58 PM
If the servo was at fault the brakes would be rubbish/hard usualy.

Id say back off your harsh breaking lol.

Nobby
23-09-09, 06:16 PM
If the servo was at fault the brakes would be rubbish/hard usualy.

Id say back off your harsh breaking lol.

me thinks that too hehe

AlexW
23-09-09, 06:55 PM
Smaller brakes lol

Jon_nova1
23-09-09, 10:39 PM
fit ABS lol

burgo
23-09-09, 10:49 PM
im guessing your just braking to hard. my brakes lock up all the while but thats because of the crap tyres

MK999
23-09-09, 10:52 PM
Carbs could be causing a higher vacuum somehow making it easier to lock up, but basically as said above, you're doing it wrong lol

Spudly
23-09-09, 10:53 PM
Probably waaay off the mark here, but maybe the carbs provide a better/stronger vacuum than the original setup and therefore the vac assistance on the servo is greater equalling better braking power, so youre more likely to lock up the wheels with a sharp stab on the scaredy pedal than before?

As said just a wild stab in the dark, but it sounds plausible, till someone comes and shoots me down in flames lol

MK999
23-09-09, 10:54 PM
Probably waaay off the mark here, but maybe the carbs provide a better/stronger vacuum than the original setup and therefore the vac assistance on the servo is greater equalling better braking power, so youre more likely to lock up the wheels with a sharp stab on the scaredy pedal than before?

As said just a wild stab in the dark, but it sounds plausible, till someone comes and shoots me down in flames lol

Yeah, way off the mark same as the idiot above you tbh. lol

AlexW
24-09-09, 12:36 AM
It indeed could be^ It could be doing that slight bit more, but meh, ABS!