PDA

View Full Version : cav shifter gaitor?

xe_nova9
23-09-09, 12:12 PM
I know most people use the cav shifter in track cars, but I'm going to be putting carpet etc back in the front, what has people used for gaitors (for those who have one) as the shifter housing is pretty big?

Also what do people use to cover the cut out in the bulkhead where the shifter goes through?

Thanks in advance :thumb:

AlexW
23-09-09, 12:14 PM
I think a lot of people used rubber for the hole in the blukhead, it will never be water/noise tight though.

Not really much you can do about the gator, as all the standard ones will just go to the top of the box bit, if you want it to look better then wrap some carpet around it or maybe find some nice leather lol

Nova_Tek
23-09-09, 12:17 PM
Im also wondering how the gaitor would look when the interior is refitted. When I do my LET conversion Im gonna do the Cav Gearstick mod but gonna refit carpet and centre console etc.

Anyone with any pics?

xe_nova9
23-09-09, 12:18 PM
Yeah I know, was thinking about some sort of rubber gear gaitor or cv boot or something like that for the hole in the bulkhead.

Haha some leather lol think it'll be staying as it is :cool:

Austin_Nova16
23-09-09, 01:52 PM
I used the cally/cav shifter and coverd it with the GSi centre console. Just opeed up the large hole a bit so it fitted over better and retained the cally/cav gaitor..

Nova_Tek
23-09-09, 09:31 PM
Any pics?

auzzy2000
23-09-09, 09:45 PM
make a carbon fibre cover for it.light and looks good