PDA

View Full Version : Wheelspacers.......

mikeoxford
07-03-03, 05:44 PM
OK OK i didnt quite believe it when some people said 2ltr brakes wont go on under sr wheels, and some people do, so the evidence proves that they REALLY DONT GO ON! ESPECIALLY with new pads and discs.

as a temporary measure can i buy a wheel spacer to push the front wheels out so they fit over the brakes? or will it still not work?

Ste_Nova
07-03-03, 05:56 PM
just put the outer pad on a bench grinder and run it down a bit

mikeoxford
07-03-03, 06:39 PM
just put the outer pad on a bench grinder and run it down a bit

:lol: isnt that kind of defeating the object!

ade
08-03-03, 09:51 AM
lol - a spacer will work but you'll obviously need longer wheel bolts to make it safe.

How much are you out by?

Grinding can be done but not recommended as the calipers are designed to be that thick - the last thinkg you want is one breaking on you at speed!
(slim chance but I'm paranoid!)

mikeoxford
08-03-03, 02:37 PM
i do have a set of longer botls........

i may try it

i think with about 5mm to a centimetre i would get away with it, how much would this affect the handling?

ade
09-03-03, 06:28 PM
depends on how you drive - your effectively adjusting the et of the wheels so it'll prob hadle ok but you'll get some vibration through the steering wheel and bearings may wear quicker (over time).

You'll prob not nbotice it

Take it out for a "spin" and see how it feels for a week or so with them on. Dont think theyre that much so if its kak you aint lost owt really.

Ade

mikeoxford
09-03-03, 06:47 PM
dont think theyre that much so if its kak you aint lost owt really.

think i will do

in another post someone is on about a scrapyard in brum where theres always alloys (in styling section i think) so ill probly try spacers - NOTE CHRIS_LR! im tryin to go standard / subtle look!

ill try spacers...... if not ill get alloys, although i will have to anyway if i ever want my car to be looked at by a mag or people at shows!