PDA

View Full Version : ecotec 2.0 camshaft sensor

scottishstu
22-09-09, 12:04 PM
right guys having trouble with my other car a vectra b r plate 2.0 took it to get a diognostic check said camshaft sensor at fault,got one fitted it still the same problem didnt help,took it back to the garage for another diagnostic (free its a mate ) thanks god, any way it showed the camshaft sensor still at fault! so contacted the guy where i got the sensor hes sending another one out,but in the middle of all this a mates calibra had the same problem! so i fitted the sensor for him (same engine?) but in doing this i noticed that at the bottom of where his sittid it rested on like a wee cog(type thing) mine doesnt have this! does this matter? is this why mine not working correctly?

hope use can help
many thanks
stuart

AlexW
22-09-09, 12:39 PM
I might not be much help due to me not knowing the engine, but have you checked the wiring?

It could be a wiring/plug fault rather than anything.

GRUNT 16V
22-09-09, 01:19 PM
When I Sold Them At Vauxhall They Came With A Plug And Part Of A Loom Which Had To Be Soldered In Place Of The Old One !!!!! I Would Suggest Getting Your ar5e Down To A Main Dealer And Stop Messing Around With Pikey Aftermarket Stuff!!!!lol :d

craig green
22-09-09, 01:21 PM
Do they really trust dealer technicians to solder these days?

I thought they were only good for oil changes & test drives.

GRUNT 16V
22-09-09, 01:24 PM
Do they really trust dealer technicians to solder these days?

I thought they were only good for oil changes & test drives.

lol lol lol lol lol

BODGSI
22-09-09, 03:45 PM
When I Sold Them At Vauxhall They Came With A Plug And Part Of A Loom Which Had To Be Soldered In Place Of The Old One !!!!! I Would Suggest Getting Your ar5e Down To A Main Dealer And Stop Messing Around With Pikey Aftermarket Stuff!!!!lol :d

spot on the have a modified loom!
did loads of them when i was at vauxhall!

Nova_Tek
22-09-09, 06:37 PM
Agreed, do the loom modification. If you have changed a sensor and it don't work then its likely to be that.

Bro did this on his Cav XEV and she is fine. What tends to happen is the wiring can frey and touch the block which brings up wrong readings.

scottishstu
23-09-09, 12:29 AM
thanks for the feed back guys ill give it a bash!

"but what about this?
but in doing this i noticed that at the bottom of where his sittid it rested on like a wee cog(type thing) mine doesnt have this! does this matter? is this why mine not working correctly?"