PDA

View Full Version : New member....

nightstaler
22-09-09, 11:45 AM
First things first, hi to everyone on here and I hope you can give me a helping hand in sorting out what I am about to buy for £100.

I needed a car asap as I start a new job next week and the girlfriend needs her car back to get to work.

My friend has had this Nova sat around for half a year trying to sell it and it is a little bit tatty and in need of some TLC which I am going to give it. I've scoured Ebay for parts and can't get the bits I need.

What I'm looking for:

Ignition barrel and lower steering wheel plastic surround (we think that car was broken into at some point in its life).

Hazard warning switch, as it is held in with a bit of cardboard and if you remove it the hazards stay on.

front wiper mechanism (not a biggy but the driver side is held on with zip ties)

Glove box cover

And I dunno which is the easiest way to fix this, the door locks (both sides) have a tendency to fall out if the door is shut hard (once again we think the car was broken into at some point in its life).

I'm sure there'll be more that I'll find when I get it but that's all I can remember for now.

If anyone knows of any sites where I might be able to find parts then it'd be great help, or if anyone knows of anyone breaking a Nova and may have these parts then :thumb:

Stuart
22-09-09, 11:52 AM
have a look in the forsale section and post a PROPER wanted ad in the wanted secion ;)

Lynsey
22-09-09, 11:55 AM
Hiya, welcome to the site. I presume this is a mk2 Nova you've got?

nightstaler
22-09-09, 11:56 AM
Cheers, I will do after I've had a good look in there, I just wondered if anyone knew of any spare parts places (other than ebay) online.

nightstaler
22-09-09, 11:58 AM
Hiya, welcome to the site. I presume this is a mk2 Nova you've got?
Erm..... its a J reg, sorry know nothing about Novas.,........ Yet.:thumb:

Stuart
22-09-09, 12:03 PM
yes its mk2 then

muzzy
22-09-09, 12:04 PM
Hey welcome, wish i could get a Nova up here for £100...or in fact any car!

nightstaler
22-09-09, 12:12 PM
Hey welcome, wish i could get a Nova up here for £100...or in fact any car!

It's a shed mate, trust me.