PDA

View Full Version : too loud zorst

matty_bruns
07-03-03, 04:42 PM
got pulled by the police on brighton sea front yestoday. he said it was cos i pulled away a bit quick from the lights. load of bollox, but then he said my exhaust was illegal( i have a janspeed full system). he said he could fine me ?30 because it was louder than standard( is v loud) and if u fit an exhaust to make more noise than standard then u can be fined. is this actually true or was he bullshitting me? if its true then there are 1000's of cars who could be fined. must be bollox, opinions!!!!

stugsi
07-03-03, 07:32 PM
yeah you can be fined under noise pollution act :o (have you got one middle box then backbox) if worse comes to the worst have another middle box like the std gte or gsi cause they have 2 it makes it a bit quieter..

hutton
08-03-03, 04:46 PM
go to where you bought your exhaust and they can give you a janspeed certificate which states your exhaust meets the legal requirements, i think that an exhaust can be to loud but i dought a magnex,janspeed,mongoose etc... wouldnt be so sure on some of those 5in jap exhausts.

Ben (lurk75)
08-03-03, 04:53 PM
yes places like longlife/powerflow will create them asloud as you like, and they go LOUD :o

Ian
08-03-03, 05:09 PM
where was his db meter? tell em to do one.

ask on 5ive-o.com

?Marty?
09-03-03, 12:53 AM
It has to exceed a certain decibel level before you can get done. And also, it depends on what time u are using the car. It's different levels between 11pm and 7am, in residential areas.

techie
09-03-03, 12:56 AM
Hmmm toyed with getting a Bastuck zaust when my new engines built and they are back box only with a straight through centre pipe, wonder if the plod will like that???

:lol: :evil:

Nova Mad
10-03-03, 12:17 PM
ive got a cobra exhaust which is custom made from ascar in sheffield and it as a 5 " tail pipe and is as loud as fuk