PDA

View Full Version : Which Trumpets !?

Nick
21-09-09, 02:57 PM
At the moment i've got very short (40mm'ish) Trumpets on my D'ellortos, and i have been using small 45mm K&N pancake Filters....

All of this was mostly due to bulkhead/space issues. Now my new shell has no bulkhead i can look at changing the trumpets and filter.

I'm going to go with an ITG / Piper x Box Filter - As it looks like it gives the best access to air.

I've noticed you can buy the Full Radius Trumpets, as well as diff lengths.

I'm going to be building a pretty rediculous spec 1600 8v.

Nick
21-09-09, 03:05 PM
http://www.dellorto.co.uk/merchandise/products.asp?CategoryID=8&PartsectionID=84

peester
21-09-09, 08:26 PM
apparently longer trumpets ( 90mm ish) can gain more lower/midrange torque than short, stubby trumpets.. and trumpets can be better than ram pipes and that sausage/dome filter or big airbox's are better for power gains too..
im not knowledgable in it really, do a lil more digging, preferably where lee303 resides on migweb.

chimp007_uk
21-09-09, 08:30 PM
The idea behind altering the lengths of the trumpets is to do with pulse tuning. You can tune the intake length to produce max torque power etc at an rpm, so with a tuned exhaust and manifold you can combine the two to maximise a cam etc.

Or if you're building a screamer sod having anything low down...

philip
22-09-09, 08:13 AM
as long as you can go, typically people get 90mm trumpets, but if could get 120's it will help low down power wise atleast.

im going to be running 120s on my xe in my corsa, but my motors in the back so tons of roomlol