PDA

View Full Version : Gsi skirts??

Balley
21-09-09, 07:52 AM
... i have search and founds nothing, basically i would like to know if i can stick Gsi/Gte skirts on with super strenght double sided tape (like they use on the spoilers)

or do i need to use clips, if i need the clips how do they fasten to the body????

cheers guys :D

Benn
21-09-09, 07:54 AM
Clips rivet or screw on. On the long bits iirc theres no where for tape to be stuck...

Jon_nova1
21-09-09, 09:34 AM
mine just had tape where it met the bodywork at the top

General Baxter
21-09-09, 10:22 AM
... i have search and founds nothing, basically i would like to know if i can stick Gsi/Gte skirts on with super strenght double sided tape (like they use on the spoilers)

just dont lol

no more nails FTW, or if that fails, use nails :p

Balley
21-09-09, 08:12 PM
so i need to rivit clips on, thats a shame, i dont really want to drill holes in my car

AlexW
21-09-09, 08:33 PM
Dont then, get the clips from vauxhall (Brand new for the full 12 (iirc) is around 5) and glue the clips onto the car

Balley
21-09-09, 08:38 PM
Dont then, get the clips from vauxhall (Brand new for the full 12 (iirc) is around 5) and glue the clips onto the car

that sounds better (Y)

8vcorsa
22-09-09, 12:12 AM
or you could put the side skirt on how itt ment to be and get some crazy foam and put it on in the skirt so its solid and then put some tiger seal on the edges of the skirt and in the door were it meets the paint but if you are going to do it thst way you have to key it with sand paper and after put some fiber glass on were you put the tiger seal as if you paint it it will tust crack the paint were the tiger seal is

brainsnova
22-09-09, 12:55 AM
i stuck the rear bits on with the factory double sided tape . then put 2 bolts through the back arch. then used big pop rivets on the under side all the way along just the bottom and they sat pretty well and tight to the sill.

Rysee
22-09-09, 07:46 AM
i used the clips from Vauxhall and self tappers piece off cake and i know if i want to take them off they'l come off with the clips still in place

clips = pennies

craig green
22-09-09, 11:32 AM
and self tappers

which = holes in sill. He doesnt want to drill holes in his car..

dazz4
22-09-09, 11:38 AM
stickyflex (tigerseal), my mate used this to stick some archesonto my old 4x4 and it was strongest part of car!!!, just a **** to get off.

Rysee
22-09-09, 11:39 AM
didnt see that i just drilled in

Pistol Pete
22-09-09, 05:27 PM
I have the clips but am i fcuk going to use them. I can imagine it being a royal PITA with freshly painted car and skirts...accident waiting to happen IMO lol

I shall drill holes in the underside before paint, so i can blast some waxoil in before paint, then Tigerseal/supersticky shizzlethem to the sills. TBH i dont see them needing to come off ever again so who cares!

Balley
22-09-09, 07:13 PM
thanks guys, i will buy some and have a look my sills have now been plated and are really solid so i have undersealed them, stone chipped and then painted the white!

i just wanted the skirts to cover the sill up a bit, not that they look **** but it would look better with skirts to cover it i think!