PDA

View Full Version : Digi dash in mk1

Rich
20-09-09, 08:01 PM
Whos done it? Ive been chopping around for ages and just cant see it happening?

brainsnova
20-09-09, 08:07 PM
ive done it years ago. all i did was cut the sides to the shape to fit the face of the digi clocks and fixed it in from behind.

Rich
20-09-09, 08:41 PM
Cut the dash or the clocks?

Im going to have to just keep cutting, could do with a dremel really, its going to be in the way of the heater vent at the moment as well.

I remember seeing somone post up a step by step, they used the dash surround from a mk2 astra

Steve
20-09-09, 08:42 PM
peester did it very well, check his wip

bigdan1
20-09-09, 11:47 PM
i did it too mate the only way is this...
take your original dash out ..(obviously) lol
cut 4 slits up along the 4 corners of the dash coming towards you this gives the dash flex.. just do a few inches and see if it will go in.
oh btw it is a very tight fit so be warned if u havnt wired it up and u ram it in u aint getting it back out lmfao!
hope this helps

brainsnova
21-09-09, 12:43 AM
Cut the dash or the clocks?

Im going to have to just keep cutting, could do with a dremel really, its going to be in the way of the heater vent at the moment as well.

I remember seeing somone post up a step by step, they used the dash surround from a mk2 astra

i took the dash out and cut it using the mk2 astra dash trim panel as a template. i take it you have the astra gte digi clocks are they are pretty much the same width as the nova speedo.

Rich
22-09-09, 12:24 AM
Im going to find an astra surround, i dont want to bodge them in i need the dash flocked. dont want to mark it putting the clocks back in!

brainsnova
22-09-09, 12:47 AM
i fitted mine with no filler or paint and it was before digital cameras so i had no pics.

brainsnova
28-09-09, 01:10 PM
i just remembered i had to cut the air vent tunnel down the side and step it back a bit but thats all i remeber from 10 years ago lol

Rich
28-09-09, 07:04 PM
Was just going to ask about that actually, theres no chance of fitting them without cutting the vent