PDA

View Full Version : Bike carbs 1.4 8v conversion?

Lee E
19-09-09, 11:15 AM
Hi,
I currently have twin 40's on my 1.4 8v sri engine. But they are old and i am continuously having problems with them. I'm thinking of upgrading to motor bike carbs but don't know what i need or if it is worth the trouble?
I know i need a manifold (from Bogg bros)
R1 Carbs? which type as there are so many?????
Ignition? can i run my standard ignition ??
Management system? Do I have to have fuel and ignition system or can i just run a fuel management system with my standard system???
Any advice and direction appreciated, thanks :thumb:

pikey1986
19-09-09, 11:27 AM
search is your friend lol , this has been covered so many times mate

Rob
19-09-09, 02:53 PM
you could sell me your 40s to fund your project ;) :p

John
19-09-09, 03:02 PM
did nbc ever sell his 1.4 set up?

brake-dust
19-09-09, 03:02 PM
did nbc ever sell his 1.4 set up?

hadnt a few months ago

John
19-09-09, 03:03 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120704&page=3

And not according to his ad either. Drop him a pm fella!

Lee E
21-09-09, 08:12 AM
the could be up for sale soon but i need to know the pros and cons and is it worth the money or should i stay with my 40s?
Thanks

Stuart
21-09-09, 09:58 AM
What EXACTLY is "wrong" with your T40's?

have you had them setup by someone who knows wtf they are doing with them?
Have you set the throttle pedal up so that at full travel to the floor the carbs are only "just" at WOT (to prevent the spindles from bending, although they could already be bent)

etc etc
I trust you have a 1.4 carb dizzy/module etc on there as the ecu wont like running without the inlet etc.

Prey
21-09-09, 03:15 PM
Re manifolds - pm tom reid on here, im running one of his manifolds.

R1 carbs, as long as theyre carbs not throttle bodies - around 98-99 seem to be the most popular.

Fueling, facet cube pump and filter king filter/regulator - no fuelling management as such, just setting up the carbs initially.

Spark, could use standard dizzy (depending on what you have) but megajolt or similar seems to be much more effective - need this mapping of course.