PDA

View Full Version : solid alloy conversion mounts

Tim
18-09-09, 09:26 PM
hi all well ive finallly got round to fitting the xe to the nova, after far to long without any progress at all, things seem to be going quite well.

i have brought these mounts and have only just realised that i had none of the nuts and boltswhich should be supplied are present.

http://compbrake.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=13&products_id=396

i have managed to source the correct nuts and bolts that i require, i was just wondering if people have any pics of these mounts fitted and in place, my main concern is the front passenger side gearbox mount just doesnt seem to look right. the car has been in bits now for the past 2 years.

thanks in advance
tim

Jon_nova1
19-09-09, 10:35 AM
Is the middle one supposed to be the gearbox mount? looks like it will go on the chassis ok, but how the hell is it going to fit onto the gearbox?

Adam
19-09-09, 10:51 AM
They look fine.
The middle one is the gearbox mount, it sits inside the metal mount bracket and then bolt then goes through it.....

Tim
20-09-09, 12:30 PM
They look fine.
The middle one is the gearbox mount, it sits inside the metal mount bracket and then bolt then goes through it.....

thanks for that. yeah the middle 1 is the gearbox mount. i was having problems with working out how it attaches to the car using the mount bracket. then i realised that i was using the wrong bracket. so my bad.

all fitted and engine in hole, lol. it went in without to many problems, the biggest problem was getting the bolt through the mount on the underside of the car. it just didnt seem to want to line up properly. but a load of effing and jeffing and a hammer and bar and in she went, lol. pics to follow.

thanks for your info.

tim

Jon_nova1
20-09-09, 11:18 PM
had the same problem myself!

lets just say a bar through one of the holes in the part that bolts to the engine/gearbox and a tow rope did the trick lol