PDA

View Full Version : Cavvy question......

Spudly
18-09-09, 08:21 PM
Theres a lot of cav knowledge on here so thought id ask, will a cav hatch rear beam fit a saloon, as ive been offered a disc rear beam from an ecowreck hatch but im unsure as to if they are compatible, anyone gen me up?

John
18-09-09, 08:32 PM
Yeah will fit straight on fella. make sure you take the handbrake cables too.

Spudly
19-09-09, 12:51 AM
Spot on cheers for the reply bud i shall message him tomorrow and see how much he gonna want to rape me for my new brakes, will i need some form of bias valve or will i get away with just throwing it all on, mines an Izuzu TD btw....?

Lee
19-09-09, 12:58 AM
Nick the bias valve off the master cylinder on the doner if its still availiable, that should do the trick :)

Spudly
19-09-09, 09:52 AM
Cheers lee, have some more rep, not that you need it lol

General Baxter
19-09-09, 10:02 AM
what ever you pay for the beam, ill double it lol

GDN16v
19-09-09, 09:12 PM
Ive got a cav rear beam of a late cav sri for sale, brand new hubs (sealed type), new discs and pads, new callipers, new handbrake cables and poly bushes which were all fitted last year just before Billing and have only done 2000 miles! £80 collection only!:thumb:

It may have the bias valves under the car above where the flexis sit that go from the beam to the car mounts!

General Baxter
19-09-09, 09:28 PM
bit far to go lol

GDN16v
19-09-09, 09:30 PM
bit far to go lol

Course its not, makes a nice road trip!:plol

Spudly
21-09-09, 09:52 PM
It may have the bias valves under the car above where the flexis sit that go from the beam to the car mounts!

Where abouts you recken, and what does the valve actually look like as its my mate up the coast from me sourcing it for me and he aint sure what to look for lol

GDN16v
21-09-09, 09:57 PM
Where abouts you recken, and what does the valve actually look like as its my mate up the coast from me sourcing it for me and he aint sure what to look for lol
Where the brake flexi attaches from the beam to the chassis leg, above it situated in-line on the copper brake pipe is a round cylinder on each side which regulate the pressure to the rear callipers. :thumb:

If these are fitted they'll be very rusty so try and remove them carefully because they are £90 each from vauxhall and if you can see the number on it, iirc there is about 10 to choose from!:eek:

I'll try and get a pic tomorrow for you on my cav!

Spudly
21-09-09, 10:50 PM
Nice one cheers dude, he will probably just cut them off the brake lines as the cars written off, ill text him now and ask him!

If he cant get them would it lock the rear wheels on braking like a nova with rear discs and no bias valve would?

brainsnova
21-09-09, 10:54 PM
i took those valves off my calibra rear brakes as one was leaking but broke the car up before i could try the brakes.

GDN16v
23-09-09, 05:02 PM
Nice one cheers dude, he will probably just cut them off the brake lines as the cars written off, ill text him now and ask him!

If he cant get them would it lock the rear wheels on braking like a nova with rear discs and no bias valve would?

Strictly speaking, yes it would!

Pics of said rear bias valves:thumb:
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/a16vnv/Picture003-2.jpg

Spudly
23-09-09, 05:13 PM
Strictly speaking, yes it would!

Pics of said rear bias valves:thumb:

Hmmmm, this now poses a problem as the donor is now a cube:cry:

GDN16v
23-09-09, 05:16 PM
Hmmmm, this now poses a problem as the donor is now a cube:cry:

lollollollollol:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sloth
23-09-09, 05:20 PM
YOU FAIL.

had to say it.....

Spudly
23-09-09, 05:22 PM
How bad do you recon it would affect the braking if i were to just fit it as is then or should i not really without some form of bias, im gonna assume there should be one either side of the car then, and would it matter that the donor had ABS whereas mine does not?

Sloth how do i fail, i didnt source the beam and ive not even picked it up yet, it was removed by a mate!

GDN16v
23-09-09, 05:25 PM
How bad do you recon it would affect the braking if i were to just fit it as is then or should i not really without some form of bias, im gonna assume there should be one either side of the car then, and would it matter that the donor had ABS whereas mine does not?

It would lock the brakes under medium to heavy braking, which wouldnt be good for everyday use!

I could try and get mine off for you if you like?????

Sloth
23-09-09, 05:26 PM
scrap fail dude. theres plenty of mk3 cavbuses at dms mate, pop along and four finger discount em.

GDN16v
23-09-09, 05:27 PM
scrap fail dude. theres plenty of mk3 cavbuses at dms mate, pop along and four finger discount em.

lollollollol Four finger discount lollollollol

Spudly
23-09-09, 05:28 PM
It would lock the brakes under medium to heavy braking, which wouldnt be good for everyday use!

I could try and get mine off for you if you like?????

Bugger, well i spose i can shove it up at the unit till i source the necessary bits, and if you wouldnt mind please, i take it youre breaking your cav then......:cry:

GDN16v
23-09-09, 05:30 PM
Bugger, well i spose i can shove it up at the unit till i source the necessary bits, and if you wouldnt mind please, i take it youre breaking your cav then......:cry:

Yip, super cav is a super rusty bucket now and is being broke - Boo:cry:

Sloth
23-09-09, 05:32 PM
spud if ya weant a hand hoiking beams about give me a yell mate.

GDN16v
25-09-09, 01:40 PM
and if you wouldnt mind please, i take it youre breaking your cav then......:cry:

Prepare to cry some more, lol One has broken in half and 1 is completely rounded off, so they aint coming off:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::c ry::cry::cry: