PDA

View Full Version : Easy Challange???

kiwinova
18-09-09, 07:45 PM
I am going to santa pod tomorrow with a couple of mates, I will be the only Nova and i will be up against a Honda crx 177bhp, Honda civic ek9 type-r, stripped civic old shape with the 2.2 prelude engine and a supercharged 1.6 civic, the crx and type-r should be no trouble:thumb: but im just not to sure bout the other 2:confused:

MK999
18-09-09, 07:49 PM
As theres no engine mentioned we'll have to assume you're in a nippy 1.2, in which case you should be able to beat everything out there, as your car is probably fast as **** but never been ragged.

kiwinova
18-09-09, 08:14 PM
well it dose have 1.2 on the log book;) Thats what i was hoping :thumb:

Stoo
18-09-09, 08:21 PM

What engine is actually in it then??

DO NOT whatever you do, underestimate CRX and especially EK9!!!!

Pistol Pete
18-09-09, 09:16 PM
What engine do you have in your Nova?? TBH what ever it is IMO you will have your ar5e handed to you.

Nick
18-09-09, 09:24 PM
I hope you and your car have a massive fail.

Not declaring your engine conversion for insurance purposes is not cool. Pleb

Ernie
18-09-09, 09:30 PM
my crx is only the baby 16v non vtec and would wipe the floor of most nova's.Also it weights less than a nova.

Pistol Pete
18-09-09, 09:49 PM
I believe XE powered. Even so...i am sensing a fail.

Spudly
18-09-09, 09:52 PM
Be ready to have your ass handed to you

lol

Lee H
18-09-09, 09:53 PM
well it dose have 1.2 on the log book;)

Wow, you are so cool :roll:

Jon_nova1
19-09-09, 09:40 AM
having 1.2 on the log book doesn't mean its insured as a 1.2, its just taxed as a 1.2, unless its only declared as a 1.2 on insurance

yes, be prepared to have your **** handed to you, i have a mazda running just shy of 200BHP weighing about a ton which pulled even with a new type type r, its the v-tec yo

Matt2107
19-09-09, 07:30 PM

I hope you have a wheel bearing fail and you hit the wall... crash and die!

wwmnw
20-09-09, 01:39 AM
I hope you have a wheel bearing fail and you hit the wall... crash and die!

Quoted for truths.

burgo
20-09-09, 03:56 AM
jap crap for the win in this instance

Lee H
20-09-09, 10:09 AM
having 1.2 on the log book doesn't mean its insured as a 1.2, its just taxed as a 1.2, unless its only declared as a 1.2 on insurance

even if it is insured correctly it isn't worth the paper it's printed on as the car shouldn't be on the road as it's not had enough tax paid to be on the road.

robertdevlin69
20-09-09, 12:04 PM
i think evryone scared him away
and tbh i think youll get destroyed

Mattig Nic
20-09-09, 07:50 PM
YOU GUYS ARE WELL STINGEY!! .....its not the poor Nova's fault its owned by a numpty!! ;)

muzzy
20-09-09, 07:54 PM
Lose and insurance fail.

Spudly
20-09-09, 07:55 PM
YOU GUYS ARE WELL STINGEY!! .....its not the poor Nova's fault its owned by a numpty!! ;)

I think the general unfeeling is toward the owner not the car, its not like its going to cost you much more to declare the conversion, i bought a 1.2 merit with an XE conversion and it cost me £34 to pay up to the next tax bracket, i did it at our local DVLA office when i sent off the paperwork, declared and taxed correctly for less than £40 extra, all legal in the space of a day, so its not exactly hard or expensive now is it, so is it really worth committing tax and insurance fraud.......?

Pistol Pete
20-09-09, 08:02 PM
I think the general unfeeling is toward the owner not the car, its not like its going to cost you much more to declare the conversion, i bought a 1.2 merit with an XE conversion and it cost me £34 to pay up to the next tax bracket, i did it at our local DVLA office when i sent off the paperwork, declared and taxed correctly for less than £40 extra, all legal in the space of a day, so its not exactly hard or expensive now is it, so is it really worth committing tax and insurance fraud.......?

Which honest folk like us end up covering the cost of :mad:

Good post spudly, BTW.

Spudly
20-09-09, 08:07 PM
Which honest folk like us end up covering the cost of :mad:

Good post spudly, BTW.

Tax check K671YMJ, my old merit, was one of the first mods i made after buying it, i insured it as a 2000cc upon buying, as it took me a fortyfive min phonecall to HIC to list the mods, and i ran it for two weeks as it was till i got paid (very naughty i know) then as soon as i had the funds i registered the conversion with the dvla, wasnt hard, didnt cost much and i was 100% legal on my XE:thumb:

Its not hard, its not rocken science, and it means i wasnt committing fraud which is a very bad offence in the eyes of the law!

*edit*

Although its not taxed now.....

The enquiry is complete The vehicle details for K671 YMJ are:
Date of Liability 01 03 2006 Date of First Registration 21 10 1992 Year of Manufacture 1992 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1998CC CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type Petrol Export Marker Not Applicable Vehicle Status Unlicensed Vehicle Colour BLUE Vehicle Type Approval null The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry. Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £104.50 12 Months Rate £190.00

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/../images/car_images/3076big2.jpg

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/../images/car_images/3076big3.jpg

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/../images/car_images/3076big4.jpg

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/../images/car_images/3076big5.jpg

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/../images/car_images/3076big6.jpg

muzzy
20-09-09, 08:13 PM
I've been guilty of having a car with an undeclared conversion in the past but even so it is still something that really annoys me especially when people are happy to brag about it as if it is something to be proud of. I'm being hypocritical but it's not something that would even cross my mind now.

May as well save yourself some money by not insuring it too because your current policy isnt worth the paper it's written on.

L14MNP
20-09-09, 10:39 PM
*yawn* I read the first post and LOL'd.

Did you win? After all it's only jap 'crap' Vtec CRX's and EK9's are nowt L O L.