PDA

View Full Version : Twin 40s

djshaggeh
18-09-09, 06:54 PM
I ended up selling my redtop engine in a part x deal for these and some cash. The engine is going in an orange GTE that belongs to a lad that lives down my road. i'll get some pics across the weekend as it looks the bee knees.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/djshaggeh/DSC00081.jpg

They 're a matching pair and everything seems to be in good working order appart from one of the covers that hide the mixtures screws? I don't know much about them so I will read up later.

they will be going on the GTE. Im guessing I'll need an adjustable FPR, inlet manifold, alternator lowering mount and new chokes and jets as they were used on a 2.0 8v. I have a 1.4 dizzy but will the GTE one work?

Stuart
18-09-09, 06:56 PM
gte one is a pretend dizzy. 1.4 ftw.

you want to have 3psi of pressure, might need a special reg to take fuel injection pressure down that far. or fit a facet and regular fpr :)

djshaggeh
19-09-09, 02:16 AM
Thanks for the reply Stuart. I think my friend has a filter king fuel pump and adjustable FPR kicking about I'll get on the case and try and blag it off him. He also has a 1.4 dizzy and coil, will my GTE loom do the trick as I don't think he has the loom for it?

Stuart
19-09-09, 07:33 AM
quite possibly, cant say for sure.

taffnova
19-09-09, 09:21 AM
i have jus had to do his my self i had to get a gte dizzy cause of the plug on side of it was differ not unless you change the plug over on loom but make sure you get a 3 wire dizzy cause i came across a four wire dizzy and you gotta work out wires make sure the same on the dizzy there be three symbols -0+ as long get these right shouldnt have prob using another dizzy:)

taffnova
19-09-09, 09:23 AM
ps dont get a pro-flow or prow user fuel reg there crap

djshaggeh
21-09-09, 12:33 PM
Cheers guys for your help :)

amggsi
21-09-09, 01:58 PM
I used my original distributer when converting my GSi to twin 40's. Had to use the brain as well to run it, and just cut any of the injection bits off the loom.

Stuart
21-09-09, 02:09 PM
you cant get the most/best advance using the gte stuff... we found that limit with Dans old engine when he was still using the 1.6 bits. converted to 1.4 dizzy etc and found a load more go top end :)

djshaggeh
21-09-09, 02:36 PM
It seems it makes sence to use the 1.4 dizzy setup. I don't want to start chopping up the injection loom as I want to keep it incase I cant afford to run it with twin 40s or I come to sell it.

I've just been informed that they were setup on a 2.0 8v for track use and have massive jets. So its looking like I'm going to have to get them on there and get it rolling roaded. Luckly there is a place fairly local that I will give a try.

I still need an inlet to suit the 40's. So if anyone knows anyone or see's one for sale please drop me a PM.

+rep for the info :)

Stuart
21-09-09, 02:45 PM
www.tuning.co.uk (http://www.tuning.co.uk) ;)

or ebay lol

Nick
21-09-09, 02:52 PM
I found most places deal with the Mangoletsi Inlets... Wether its your local motorsport shop, Tuning.co.uk, Eurocarb e.t.c

http://www.dellorto.co.uk/merchandise/products_details.asp?PartNo=M4560&CategoryID=8&PartsectionID=46

djshaggeh
21-09-09, 05:53 PM
I'm hoping to get one second hand but if non come up then I'll bite the bullet and buy new.

that farmer
23-09-09, 05:02 PM
do it mate you should also buy a cam and a decent exhaust so you can get the most out of the carbs imo

djshaggeh
23-09-09, 07:00 PM
Yeh thats the plan, if fund will stretch that far.