PDA

View Full Version : Gsi rev counter

leggattr
18-09-09, 01:19 PM
Guys i know this question is asked most days but after going through all the past threads i cant find an answer. iv got some gsi clocks, iv put them in my povey mk2 nova and the rev counter doesnt work. i knew this would be the case anyway and its not just plug and play like most. the thing is iv put my own wire to the coil but i dont know where to attach it to on the clocks. my black plug doesnt have a green wire already in place and i dont want to chop up the loom again to fit a gsi plug just for one wire. iv noticed on the plug number 7 terminal is empty, could this be the rev counter location?

All help greatful with +reps

richard

brainsnova
18-09-09, 01:22 PM
the wire should come from the negative side of the coil and if you look on the back of the clocks you can trace the p.c.b to see where the connection goes to the rev counter.

leggattr
18-09-09, 01:42 PM
i think i may know where it goes to. but thats why i asked about the terminal i have empty (7) if thats it then i can attach it there.

Lee H
18-09-09, 09:36 PM
Not sure which terminal number but certain its one of the end ones on the black plug that goes in the clocks.

leggattr
19-09-09, 09:11 AM
7 is an end one so must be that then