PDA

View Full Version : chancer

let_nova
18-09-09, 11:33 AM
sold a guy some bit.
cam
vernier
magnecors

he says he recieved the cam box with all the items in it but the cam was in 2?? but there wasnt a mark on the box at all? now thw cam was packed exactly the came way as new so cant see it getting damaged like that espcially with no damage or no marks at all on the box? he has supplied 1 poor picture of the cam but there is no garuntee its the piper cam.:confused:

he has opened a paypal dispute asking for a full refund, basically he wants all his money back for all the items but whos to say he sends all 3 back?

discuss

Will F
18-09-09, 11:34 AM
You will have to refund him and claim through Royal Mail etc (assuming you were insured?)

General Baxter
18-09-09, 11:37 AM
fire the photo up, i really doubt its broken in transit tbh its a chunk of steel lol

i think hes fitted it wrong and mullered it lol

let_nova
18-09-09, 11:39 AM
will fire it up later. it is in 2 but i cant confirm its the piper without seeing the lobe end.

i will refund him when he sends it all back. i have told him exactly that. thinks i was born yesterday.

bmw156
18-09-09, 11:40 AM
cams are proper fragile. IMO

and yeh, get him to send them all back. refund him, if its the piper cam you sent, of course you noted the serial numbers!

and you will know if your cam is broken...

:)
also. im guesing it was a fair bit of money, if he wants the money back. i suspect someone he knows has a half decent camera to take a pic.

let_nova
18-09-09, 11:41 AM
250quid

General Baxter
18-09-09, 11:42 AM
cams are proper fragile. IMO
they cant be that fragile, iv not managed to kill one lol

sparkie1401
18-09-09, 11:42 AM
proof its yours then refund, if he cant/wont then dont

he may be trying to pull the wool over your eyes or he may be genuine?

bmw156
18-09-09, 11:43 AM
lol, i bet if you dropped one from waist height, with the cam being flat it would break.

why do you think they are suported in the enigne at like 4 points.

but if let nova, did as he say package them as he got them, then they shouldnt be braking really.

General Baxter
18-09-09, 11:46 AM
is he even a forum member i cant find him :(

Pistol Pete
18-09-09, 12:58 PM
Hmmm, PM me the user name if you like. I had someone i sold a manifold to. He told me that after he fitted it, it snapped. I asked for pics, never got any. He asked for refund....never got one. Havent heard from him since.

Camshaft snap in 2...during transit....highly unlikey IMO.

Ask for all items to be returned using the same service you used to send them. Once you have inspected, then procede. State this in the Paypal claim thread so that Paypal can see you are trying to resolve the problem.

Andy
18-09-09, 01:02 PM
What a load of bollox.But even if it has snapped,there is nothing to say it was done in transit.

brainsnova
18-09-09, 01:12 PM
snapped in two is probs the reason he purchased yours me thinks.

L14MNP
18-09-09, 06:07 PM
What a kn0bber. Get him to send it back to you and offer a full refund. If he's as docile as I'm assuming them he won't send recorded.

Problem solved.

Sloth
18-09-09, 06:11 PM
ive seen cams snap but usually in a series engines thgat are 40 years old. we used to throw em up and down the yard at my old scrappy as the bounce well when they land on an end. never bust.

Rich
18-09-09, 06:28 PM
Be careful with paypal they wont even consider your replys. I had proof of postage etc and someone still claimed the money back!

Andy
18-09-09, 08:46 PM
Agreed /\ all in favour of the buyer these days are paypal and ebay.

muzzy
18-09-09, 09:09 PM
Tell him to send the camshaft back properly packaged to prove it is the same part. If theres any hesitation on his part then tell him where to stick it

Pistol Pete
18-09-09, 09:10 PM
Too true unfortunatley. Main reason why my mate wrapped up his business. Too many numpties claiming left right and centre for no good reason and getting thier money back.

dougie_boi
18-09-09, 09:38 PM
i very much dought it would snap in transit to be honest as there quite strong to a certain extent. the top end (cam) in mine siezed just a couple of weeks ago as a result of no oil lol and stripped the belt managed to un sieze it bla bla bla and all is fine no probs with it at all

Rally Corsa
18-09-09, 10:12 PM
Suerly someone on this forum would live close to him and could pay a visit and verify that it is the same cam,only a thought

Stav

Pistol Pete
18-09-09, 10:44 PM
When we know who "him" is, that may be an option.

Edd
19-09-09, 01:09 AM
Name and shame him

Lee
19-09-09, 01:28 AM
Its already been mentioned, but your best course of action is to ask for him to return the cam and tell him once you have confirmed its the same cam, as you have kept a note of the serial number, you will refund him no problem. Copy Paypal in with the email as well.

If this doesnt happen, explain to him you will get the police involved as he is obviously trying to con you.

let_nova
19-09-09, 09:49 PM
all... thanks for replies. although he is not a member on here...... that i know of. i did tell him to join but dont think he has. i asked for detailed pictures of the cam. i wanted ones of the ends atc and he sent me 4 of the box it was in (original piper) and one dodgy shot of the cam. will upload pics tommorow.

let_nova
21-09-09, 04:07 PM
well the claim has been closed??

fuk knows what is happening lol

pikey1986
21-09-09, 04:10 PM
he obviously thought you would roll over and give him his money back

let_nova
21-09-09, 04:16 PM
true.

muzzy
21-09-09, 05:44 PM