PDA

View Full Version : new polished rocker cover

ade
06-03-03, 04:39 PM
What a busy day I've had! :D

Got round to fitting my new polished OHC rocker cover and metal oil cap today.

the new cover

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=423

before fitting

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=424

after fitting

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=425

close up with K&N

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=426

Polished cover and cap courtesy of "stugsi" - if you want one let hom know - very reasonable and excellent work!

Also managed to do a bit more the the interior - put the front shelves and side trims back in after fixing a leak about 2 months ago. Well I had to be sure it had stopped!

:D

whitey
06-03-03, 08:18 PM
Very nice Ade! Let down by the manifold though! :(

Alex
06-03-03, 08:33 PM
sweet

ade
06-03-03, 10:53 PM
yeah - I agree Whitey - need to cleran engine up - I plan to get some of that super high temp paint - gonna wait till summer in time for traxx!

:D

Ade

mikeoxford
07-03-03, 01:04 AM
:oops: without sounding cheap

if you cant afford samco hoses - ive thought about wrapping electricians tape around the pipes, i saw it done at trax last year - whats people thoughts about that?

i doubt ill do it thinking about it now...... what u reckon?

ade
07-03-03, 10:01 AM
dont use electrical tape - the heat from hoses/engine (some hoses) will cause the stick side to losen and go all gooey.

You can buy silicon rubber tape that wraps round but from some reviews I;ve seen its not as good as the real thing.

Looks like that coloured wrap round stuff you used to stick on yer bikes handlebars - you can see where it overlaps.

:( :?

Not worth it IMO

mark_GSi
07-03-03, 02:48 PM
looks sweet m8ty, got a old mk1 oil cap from a scrappy few weks ago, got it under the buffer in d garage and it looks well nice, all shiney :lol:

mikeoxford
07-03-03, 05:37 PM
the hose idea was just a thought, i dont know wether i rate it or not, and as i cant afford samco hoses ill forget it i think :wink:

as for shiney bits

you wanna see chris wards or stus car in the flesh!

u need a pair of these to keep urself from blinding!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

stugsi
07-03-03, 07:23 PM
cheers mike glad you like it maybe yours will soon be like that when you help me with my mods :D

mikeoxford
07-03-03, 07:56 PM
cheers mike glad you like it maybe yours will soon be like that when you help me with my mods :D

is that a i rub my back ill rub yours kind of offer :D

phone us soonish!!! :twisted: :lol:

novax
09-03-03, 10:34 AM
Looks good. Couple of hints from when I did mine....

Inlet manifold:- Jif mousse (serious) then scrubit with hot water, finally pour boiling water over it. Leave it in the sun to dry. When it's dry use Halfords spray primer, wheel silver (2), laquer (2) and it'll last for ever if you let it harden over night before bolting it back on.

Exhaust manifold:- Clean it as before, then I used Hamerite High temp. paint from Halfords again, still looks good now :D

mikeoxford
09-03-03, 11:33 AM
i used lashings off gunk in a spray bottle, left it whilst engine was on for a bit, then jet washed it all, worked for me

Tazzy
09-03-03, 05:12 PM
i eventually want my engine bay to be all black and chrome, is there any special paint to paint the hoses with that will also keep them in a good condition?

stugsi
09-03-03, 06:51 PM
if your taking it to shows and stuff i would use some back to black to bring them up i do

mikeoxford
09-03-03, 10:01 PM
if your taking it to shows and stuff i would use some back to black to bring them up i do

back to black on what mate?

Tilly
10-03-03, 07:02 PM
:oops: without sounding cheap

if you cant afford samco hoses - ive thought about wrapping electricians tape around the pipes, i saw it done at trax last year - whats people thoughts about that?

i doubt ill do it thinking about it now...... what u reckon?

there is something called heat shrik sleaving if u can get hold of that its perfect

electrical shops do it sumtimes and america do lol

djp_y2k
10-03-03, 07:18 PM
Looks wicked mate.

I like alot.

SO how much does it cost?

ade
10-03-03, 10:17 PM
stugsi on here supplied it bolts and all.

Give him a PM for prices...

Very reasonable!

Ade

Tazzy
10-03-03, 11:56 PM
back to black on what mate?

the standard hosing, with me having a sh!te job, and it only being a 1.2, there is no point in splashing out on samco hosing, but im a bit dull and dont like bright colours (unless its lime green!)