PDA

View Full Version : Tyre fitters around Reading for Kumho?

MK999
17-09-09, 11:18 AM
Anyone know of anywhere? Tried blackcircles but they won't do anything before saturday which is useless as i'm only off for the next 2 days atm, kwik fit want an extra £50 for 4 compared to blackcircles and everyone else starts off making the mechanics teeth drying noise followed by "Hard to get hold of they are..." lol

General Lee
17-09-09, 11:44 AM
elite wheels and tyres bud down portman road, i had some yoko's put on at a very good price, they do kumho too.

http://www.elitewheels.co.uk/

MK999
17-09-09, 12:10 PM
Just phoned them up and they actually beat blackcircles :thumb: Currently looking on ebay though and a set of tyres is about 140 and I know where I can get them fitted for about £40, which is the cheapest option so far assuming they're next day delivery, just getting in touch with the seller at the moment.

Stuart
17-09-09, 01:51 PM
try looking on the kumho site for their distrubtors :)

thats how I found my local supplier who is fapping ace on price too

MK999
17-09-09, 03:03 PM
Turned up 2 diff fitting centres pretty close Stuart :thumb: I heard back from the guys on ebay though and they said they'll try and get them to me tomorrow, so we'll see, elite wheels were only about 15-20 more expensive than going the ebay+fitting route so we'll see if they turn up with the goods, if not I'll definitely be using one of the 2 that the Kumho website turned up in future :)

Cheers for the help guys :)

Annie
17-09-09, 08:49 PM
Do they do them on tyre-shopper.co.uk (nxt day delv)
Ive had tyres from them & are pretty cheap.
also try total tyres in binfield/bracknell or bracknell tyre & battery.

Mike
17-09-09, 09:24 PM
Khumo's hard to get? Whats that bloke on?

Stuart
17-09-09, 09:32 PM
Khumo's hard to get? Whats that bloke on?

some sizes of KU31's are but I doubt those are the sizes hes after lmao

MK999
17-09-09, 09:48 PM
No Kumho's on tyre shopper, they do do wanli's though which is the best tyre manufacturer name for ditchfinders ever lol

some sizes of KU31's are but I doubt those are the sizes hes after lmao
I think what they mean is, they're not right in front of them, so they actually have to *do* something to get hold of them lol

Although one place did say they were checking their suppliers and they were all out of them... but it only took a minute and he didn't put the phone down or make any keyboard tappy noises so I got the feeling they just couldn't be assed to order them in.

Guys on ebay seemed to be doing alright though, they left cheshire at 8.30 so hopefully here tomorrow, just hope they arrive early enough that I can find a tyre fitting place that will fit them for me :) Will probably try all the places I phoned round for prices on the tyres lol

twistysnovagte
17-09-09, 10:19 PM
No Kumho's on tyre shopper, they do do wanli's though which is the best tyre manufacturer name for ditchfinders ever lol

loloi newt wrong with wanli's i have a full set on the vanlol

MK999
17-09-09, 10:20 PM
oi newt wrong with wanli's i have a full set on the vanlol

Couldn't have made it more obvious if they called them Licki Licki Condom New Life's lol

MK999
18-09-09, 12:51 PM
Place on ebay gave me a tracking number and tyres should be here today, and total tyre in bracknell only want £7.50 a wheel to fit them, so happy days :d couple of places wanted nearly 60 quid to fit and balance. A little while ago actually the place that sorted my exhaust wanted £160 to swap my old tyres onto the new rims and vice versa :eek:

Stuart
18-09-09, 01:00 PM
did you not try any of the kumho dealers?

the place I get mine from are a little more money than online, but fitting is "free" so it works out WAY cheaper overall. Most tyre places are being fisted by mail order, so they get thier own back lol

MK999
18-09-09, 01:07 PM
Yeah the nearest dealer, elite wheels, are about £185 for supply and fit, tbh I'd already ordered them off of ebay (£145 tyres, £30 fitting) when the replies started coming in as I really wanna get them sorted today, treads are at about 1.7mm everywhere I can see atm and i'm sure the insides must be worse and I can't afford getting 6 points if I get unlucky and pulled/checked but it still works out about 15 quid cheaper overall.

I'll probably go to elite wheels if I get them again though as for the hassle involved of getting them delivered etc it's not worth saving a tenner over, plus they sound a bit more professional than the cheap backstreet tyre fitting place in bracknell lol