PDA

View Full Version : car aerial

ZuG
06-03-03, 12:58 PM
is there an easy way to remove the car aerial and fit another one on a mark 2 nova.

rob.slader
06-03-03, 04:37 PM
Afraid not, it's well fiddly and you will need very small hands and long arms to do it!! You only have a small removable plate in the drivers wheel arch to get your hands up if you can and a hole at the back of the inner wing. When I changed mine I vowed never to do it again!

whitey
06-03-03, 07:56 PM
Remove the old one or snap it off and leave the stump (bit gay but better than having a hole you gotta fill and spray)

Buy a Bee-sting for like ?20 and fit that on the roof! Looks mint and just involves drilling hole in roof, pulling back roof lining and running wire!

although it isnt exactly that easy coz you gotta run it behind and under things!

_JH_
06-03-03, 08:43 PM
if your old one is fuct, pull it out a few inches, but so you can still hold the end inside the car, chop the aerial off the wire, join the old wire with the new plug and pull it through into the car.

(by the way, i've never done this on a nova, only other cars, so dunno where the rubber grommit would be, but that shouldnt be much hassle)

ade
06-03-03, 10:26 PM
sod that - just take the wing off and remove it that way!

U need to remove bumper (easy), side indicator (easy) and will need to reseal with mastik (so easy!).

All you need to do them is buy either a blanking grommit to fill the old hole or fill it (glue a piece of thick plastic using epoxy resin on underside of hole) fill, smooth, prime and spray.

Much easier - takes a little longer though but will save you about 100 layers of skin and ?100 in the swear tin (if u have one)

Good mod guide for fitting bee sting on Mikes site Nova-land.com

mikeoxford
07-03-03, 12:47 AM
Good mod guide for fitting bee sting on Mikes site Nova-land.com

:oops: cheers m8 8)

erm

yep as everyone else says really

id get the wing off - MUCH easier.

a neat thing someone showed me tonight, if you take the grille of your car and look down (CHEERS ROB :D) you can undo the carriage irons from the bumper bar, rather than removing the irons from the car if that makesense? MUCH easier as to get the bumper lined up again the other way is a TOTAL NIGHTMARE

ade
07-03-03, 09:55 AM
cool! never thought of that - does it work on mk2's (bumpers deeper a bit)?

If so its much easier - I need to change one of my spot bulbs - need to remove bloody bumper though (forgot to put in a bulb change hatch)

:roll:

rysmee
07-03-03, 05:00 PM
does anyone know of a decent interior aerial ?,or would simply putting an exterior one in the boot or somethinig work? i know dab is prob an easy solution but i dont want to buy a new head unit.

mikeoxford
07-03-03, 05:18 PM
cool! never thought of that - does it work on mk2's (bumpers deeper a bit)?

If so its much easier - I need to change one of my spot bulbs - need to remove bloody bumper though (forgot to put in a bulb change hatch)

:roll:

its EASIEST on mk2s ade.......... take the grille off and look down you see what i mean - i couldnt belive the easyness of it!