PDA

View Full Version : top alternator bracket

dj_wudgey
16-09-09, 07:47 PM
has any one got any pictures off a top bracket that has been extended so 40's can go on?? or how much did you weld in to it??

thanks people!!

phazer
16-09-09, 09:44 PM
I'm just using some half inch (might be 1/4") plate with four holes drilled in. Top two allow bolting to original mount, lower two is where the alt. mounts.

I assume you need to drop the alt, yes?

dj_wudgey
17-09-09, 08:51 PM
I'm just using some half inch (might be 1/4") plate with four holes drilled in. Top two allow bolting to original mount, lower two is where the alt. mounts.

I assume you need to drop the alt, yes?

yea it is mate ive got the bottom mount sorted its just the top one i need mate!

dj_wudgey
19-09-09, 11:29 AM
any help please lads?

rednova
19-09-09, 03:11 PM
my mates just been on about this - ive got a welded one but hes just used one from a 2.0 8v engine its a few inches longer than the nova one!!!

hth
Phil

phazer
19-09-09, 09:57 PM
yea it is mate ive got the bottom mount sorted its just the top one i need mate!

Doh! Sorry mate, it's been a long week.

The SRi alt. bracket it a bit longer than normal and it's what I use. I *think* the 1.2 is even longer, I had one of these and it cracked in half while being mapped. Also had to run a stupid long belt with virtually no adjustment due to the bulkhead.

You want pics of the SRi one?

dj_wudgey
21-09-09, 09:01 AM
i did it mate thanks we just extended one by a few inches thanks for the help though lads!!