PDA

View Full Version : whats this wire for ??? help

mart25
16-09-09, 05:03 PM
on the mk2 astra gte redtop loom.... what is the thick red wire that goes from the alternator to the starter then threw the plug and onto the fuel pump relay ....i dont mean the 12v to the battery... just wondered if i need this wire as i have the thick red wire from my nova loom to power the alt and starter..http://www.pngclub.com/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif
. the plug is on the how 2 guide

Jon_nova1
16-09-09, 06:01 PM
is it not the constant live?

sparkie1401
16-09-09, 08:37 PM
ill find out for you bud, mine has this

mart25
17-09-09, 12:16 AM
cheers matey... just not sure if i need it as the nova loom has this wire that goes up to the battery, maybe i do ????? why would it need to go to the fuel pump relay??????? i might just have to splice it into the nova live wire???? get back 2 me on that ..cheers sparkie:-)

napalm_27
17-09-09, 12:21 AM
if its on the astra loom then no need for it as you use the nova starter and charging loom

mart25
17-09-09, 12:28 AM
cheers buddy... so i should just cut and blank it off yeah.??

Jon_nova1
17-09-09, 08:32 AM
it is the constant live that needs connecting as i said in the second post

it has a thick red wire that comes out of the right hand side of the injector block and goes to a black plug, one side goes to the fuel pump relay, the other side goes to constant live, if im not mistaken originally it was connected to the astra starting cables, which get ditched in favour of the nova ones

mart25
17-09-09, 06:29 PM
so.... do i need it or can i just blank it off and use the nova ones. or is it needed to still go to the fuel pump relay, can i splice it into the nova starting cable.....??? sorry for the confusion!!!

Jon_nova1
17-09-09, 07:57 PM
I just took mine back through the loom block, crimped a round terminal onto it and connected it directly to the battery,

you need it, you ditch the astra starter and charging cable and use the nova one

mart25
17-09-09, 11:35 PM
cheers jon.... just one last thing!!!!! where the green plug should be near the ecu plug , well i dont have the green plug , all i have is three wires coming out that are black with yellow stripe. ( ignition live yeah) and two other wires that are brown and brown with yellow stripe i think. not sure what the deal is here. can you help at all please???? cheers

Jon_nova1
18-09-09, 06:36 PM
those are for guages/unneeded etc, the engine will work fine with the constant live red connected, the switched live black connected, and the fuel pump relay (red/blue from the fuel pump) connected to the fuel pump

mart25
20-09-09, 01:06 AM
cheers jon :-) rep for ya !!!