PDA

View Full Version : G-max susp

Nova-Boy
06-03-03, 08:10 AM
If i was to get a full suspension kit such as a G-max -60 what else would i have to get?? Would i need new bushes, seals etc etc for the stuff i'm not changing?? What comes in a full susp kit?

I have never done it before and dont want to mix worn ols parts with new ones u c.

THanks for any advice.

mikeoxford
06-03-03, 10:25 AM
dont think so.

just the kit................

if you go onto nova-land.com > how to guides > mechanical > lowering guide

everything detailed in there.

dont think you need to change anything else at the same time, speaking from experience ive never!!!!

you may need to hire / borrow / buy a spring compressor

Nova-Boy
06-03-03, 11:16 AM
Thanks very much matey

whitey
06-03-03, 11:24 AM
Bumpstops! Cut urs down or buy spax ones!

mikeoxford
06-03-03, 12:02 PM
an idea i guess.

ive never done it.

only if you got the spare cash,. its not a necesity

ade
06-03-03, 12:23 PM
I've got a gmax kit - comes with springs (4), dampers (4), nuts n bolts and instructions for about ?200 (seen cheaper though).

60,mm drop needs bump stops in front cutting down by 20mm I seem to recall (just get a hacksaw and chop the tops off!)

You could get poly bushes but it aint essential (last longer thats all)

You will need spring compressors (sykes pickavant do em - halfords ?25 a set) for fronts - dont skimp on these as a compressed spring when uncompressed will punch a hole in yer chest (or face!) the size of a side plate! (nowt like the fear of god!)

Lowering any car will put camber/wheels out so you may wanna get camber modded (novas have fixed one so see mickey's guide in guide section ) - however this again isnt essential - just saves yer tyres and makes handling a little better (depends on what wheels youve got too)

You'll need torque wrench, cranck neck spenner (swan neck) and socket set and prob a length of scaffolding if suspension not been changed over recently (bolts seize!)

Oh and get some plasters and be prepared to swear alot!

I had to drill one of my front struts out from the top coz the bolt had rust sealed! :evil:

Ade

Nova-Boy
06-03-03, 12:42 PM
Thanks. With these tips and a haynes i think i might be able to crack it. Will it be ok to do the suspension and then do the camber mods later on??

Nova-Boy
06-03-03, 12:49 PM
What different lowering amounts are available?? Do G-max do a 30mm 40mm and 60mm?? Should i go for 40mm for a combo of looks and handling or slam it 60 and fcuk the camber and handling but look smooth?

I am running 195/50/15 on it.