PDA

View Full Version : Just a few MOT Questions.

General Lee
15-09-09, 11:18 AM
Hi,

I have booked an mot for my car at the end of the month, there are just a few things bugging me whether they will pass on or not.

1. I have single wiper conversion, from a zx which stops over the passenger side, but does a full wipe.

This is where it sits.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll232/nathnova/My%201988%20Nova%20Saloon/81.jpg

2. I have bonnet pinned on bumpers with no irons in them.

3. 1 washer jet on drivers side beacause of single wiper conversion.

4. I also have a sunstrip on but don't know what the legal length is.

Any info would be great.

Thanks
Nath

Prey
15-09-09, 11:34 AM
i think (dont quote me)....

1. I have single wiper conversion, from a zx which stops over the passenger side, but does a full wipe. - should be fine.

2. I have bonnet pinned on bumpers with no irons in them.- again should be fine.

3. 1 washer jet on drivers side beacause of single wiper conversion. - pass.

4. I also have a sunstrip on but don't know what the legal length is. - i dont think there is a legal length - but its not supposed to 'foul the wiper area' iirc

Any info would be great.

Thanks
Nath

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
15-09-09, 11:37 AM
think the sun strip will fail think its only suposed to be a couble of inch not sure thought ano a mate had to take his of as it "restricts veiw(SP)"

L33 LEG
15-09-09, 11:41 AM
wiper should just about pass. washer jet will be fine aslong as some water hits the screen. bumpers will be fine. sunstrip will fail.

General Lee
15-09-09, 11:47 AM
great stuff guys sunstrip will come off before i take it down there i think, is there any regulation thats states you must have a sunvisor?

SR-Rally
15-09-09, 03:52 PM
i didn't put my sun visors back on mine when i fitted the roll cage and its never failed mot. so should be fine :D put some sunglasses on the passenger seat ;)

General Lee
15-09-09, 04:04 PM
Cool, thanks, the only problem is i don't have the sunvisors anymore, because of my cage that was in, it says on motuk that it's only a fail if it gets in the way of the drivers view.

Fow16v
15-09-09, 04:06 PM
sunstrip should be ok if its not ott big, id leave it on and if they mention it pull it off when there

General Lee
15-09-09, 04:18 PM
No it's ok it was comming off anyway because i was tracking the car out, but now i'm going for a standard-ish look. And i have to leave the car at the mot place and pick it up the next day, and i would be pi**ed if it failed on it when i could have just ripped it off.

Jack
15-09-09, 07:29 PM
If it (sunstrip) encroaches into the wipe area by >10mm, its a fail.

[edit] to clarify, the tested bit is 290mm wide on the drivers side, centred on the middle of the steering wheel, and in the path of the windscreen wiper.

godfrey
15-09-09, 09:01 PM
you know your stuff razerjack. if you ask the tester to have alook before it goes in they can advice on anything that may need attention and it also shows that you want to do things properly.:thumb: