PDA

View Full Version : LET Turbo manifold

garethcolley
14-09-09, 03:29 PM
What are peoples thoughts on this?

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/items-sale/407272-std-mani-t2-flange-pj-ecu-t25.html

I was thinking about doing something similar to my own. Can you just weld to cast iron like that? This would be a cheaper alternative to a tubular and would save space in an already tight nova bay. I understand that the stock manifold isnt the best design in terms of mass flow rate but its not that bad. I would then bolt a GT2860RS or something similar and leave the internals as stock and see what power i can get with a decent TRL map.

GC :thumb:

Rick Draper
14-09-09, 04:49 PM
The stock manifold is ****, its not even close to been good.

Paul
14-09-09, 10:37 PM
it will just super heat number 3 which already runs hot, as its in the middle...

garethcolley
16-09-09, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the reply, another cheap alternative would be to chop a 200sx manifold up. What are the pros and cons to this? Rick, i'm aware you are getting an exhaust manifold made up at the moment so any input would be great.

Ive also got a few queries regarding fuel pressures if i was to change the turbo. If for example i ran some P2 copies on say a GT28 or even a T3 then would i stick to the 3.5Bar that they were mapped with or would it need fine tuning. Im unsure by what percentage the ECU can vary fuel delivery? Or would it be a case of bolt it on and see what im gettin on the wideband first?

Thanks in advance.