PDA

View Full Version : do i need a gsi fuel pump for my gsi conversion

jonesy1
14-09-09, 01:54 AM
do i need a gsi fuel pump for my nova it already has a 1.2 single point injection fuel pump in the tank ive got the engine in and sparking but its just not firing i think it is the fuel pump but i just thought that the fuel pump already on it would of at least started the engine any information id be very grateful for many thanks :confused:

VXandy
14-09-09, 02:07 AM
Would help if you specified what engine you've actually fitted fella :thumb:

NitrousVaux
14-09-09, 08:19 AM
fuel pumps do have different pressure limits to which they operate. If you have fitted the 1.6GSi engine as I think you say in your title then I think you will need a new pump as the 1.2 single point only supplies a single injector and the GSi has a 4 injector rail.

The standard pump may not be able to flow enough.

You do have things like the flow and return pipework for the fuel lines plumbed up correctly?

Cheers,

AlexW
14-09-09, 02:51 PM
The 1.2spi pump WONT supply enough fuel for the 1.6, Your be wanting a mk3 astra MPi fuel pump,

Jon_nova1
15-09-09, 08:44 PM
1.2 pump will start it easily, mine still has the 1.2 injection pump on it and starts the 2 litre fine

as above for when you get it on the road though

Will F
16-09-09, 08:22 AM
1.2 pump will start it easily, mine still has the 1.2 injection pump on it and starts the 2 litre fine

as above for when you get it on the road though

To start an engine you just need a dribble - under any sort of load it will lean right out.