PDA

View Full Version : abyss kit

shanehandley
05-03-03, 10:06 PM
im thinking bout getting this kit hows does it actually fit im a complete novice so any help would be grateful!

also ive heard ppl on bout mondeo spoiler wiv gsi one molded in wots this like is it any good

thanks

Tazzy
07-03-03, 12:23 AM
the abyss kit is ok, but there is better out there!

ppl also put the mondeo boot spoiler on the gte wrap around spoiler as well, but again, there are better spilers out there!

but if you are on a budget and want a decent kit, might as well, unless you want to build your own and be different?

shanehandley
07-03-03, 06:31 PM
would you recomend this kit then or save for sumin else :?

whitey
08-03-03, 03:13 AM
Its rwally upto you mate! The common ones are cheap! There is a fair few ready available ones!

Abyss
Novadose
Delta 1 through 3
Fusion
BAT Motorsport
Magnum
Animal
Type K
Dawsons Exterminator

The list goes on and on and most can be customised to suit your car! Have a look at what YOU like and then get saving! They all look nice but with the rite mods!

For example, the abyss rear bumper only looks nice in my opinion with a twin centre exit exhaust!

novax
09-03-03, 10:49 AM
I spent a lot of time researching this... Most of them either look like they've come off a 1950s Sci-fi show with fins everywhere, or look unfinished. Fit and finish is whatt you need to consider, personally I don't like the abbyss kit but there's wrong with it. I went for the Quad-convertions "Viper" kit, it's made from ABS not fibreglass and fits like a glove on the car. It's about ?400 but I've never actually seen another on a car, cool!

Tazzy
09-03-03, 05:18 PM
The best thing about Novas, is that there is so much avaliable for them, there is litterally hundreds of parts to use to mix and match with other parts to make your car look different to others!

thats the whole point of this game, to have a car with is different and unique!

as mentioned, the list is endless, so much, but at the end of the day, its personal choice and preference!

my dream kit would consist of half euro and half jap, others might say that, that might look a bit pantz, but its would i would like, i reackon it would be a head turner as well!

depends if you want to be noticed as well! lol :D

nova dosed
10-03-03, 12:59 AM
take a look at the bat motor sport one thats quite nice ive only just seen it and im quite impressed not to OTT and not seen one around yet. Unsure if its fibre glass though.

NovaNeil
10-03-03, 08:26 AM
Yes the Batmotorsport one is fibreglass, i've just received mine. It comes with a crap fitting kit though. Im going to make my own up me thinks.

nova dosed
10-03-03, 08:27 AM
why whats so crap about it? Is it easy to get on and how much is it

NovaNeil
10-03-03, 08:34 AM
Well all you get with it are a few metal plates to fit the front bumper on with. The Sideskirts and the Rear bumper you have to make your own brackets for. Unless they sent me the wrong fitting kit, which I doubt.

NovaNeil
10-03-03, 08:36 AM
The full kit was ?500, ?518 with delivery. It is fairly good quality. Not too flimsey like some are.

whitey
10-03-03, 09:38 AM
Most kits need a trim and a bit of playing around with to fit!

If a bumper needs trimming, then just use your old one and place it on top of the new and use as template and then cut!

As for fitting, usually they fit but the supports which come are in small quanity or flimsy, so you may need to get some more to make the bumper fit right and steady.