PDA

View Full Version : urgent for those that want a bargin!

ade
05-03-03, 06:25 PM
check this out

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9858&item=2405397185&rd=1

Its only got 29 mins left - I'd bid for it but its miles from me (1000 mile round trip!)

No tax or mot (see my other post) and my wifes DEAD against it.

The last bit I've since discovered I cant get around!

:(

gutted

ade
05-03-03, 06:26 PM
on a lighter note - Ive just bought an Astra LCD dash for peanuts!

8)

onephatnova
05-03-03, 07:09 PM
I'VE JUST BOUGHT IT... :D :) :? :( :) :D

hmmm, its gonna be a bit of hassle getting it down to Manchester from Sussex without TAX/MOT!! probably on a trailer, if i can get hold of one.

But even if it does need work doing to it - its still a bargain!! ?107 for a 2-Litre Nova!!

If it not financially viable to fix it/tax/mot it, then I might be able to use some spares for mine and then sell other bits and bobs as spares.

I've emailed him for some pix and a description... so we'll just have to wait and see if i've bought myself a cool bargain or a shed on wheels!!??

whitey
05-03-03, 07:12 PM
When he sends pics, if it shit and not upto what u think just forget it!

I noticed it was a new account n e way so bothered! Or just say that the description was false!

Dave
05-03-03, 07:31 PM
sounds a bit dodgy to me, no mention of body condition just 'drives'
will be intresting to see what you've got!

_JH_
05-03-03, 08:36 PM
When he sends pics, if it s**t and not upto what u think just forget it!

I noticed it was a new account n e way so bothered! Or just say that the description was false!

its stupid attitudes like that have wasted my time when selling on eBay.

it forces sellers to cancel bids by members with zero feedback to avoid disappointment, spoiling it for the genuine new eBayers.

ade
05-03-03, 08:46 PM
Onephatnova - nice one - u know you were bidding against the infamous colin smith from novarally.co.uk?

If you want my advice DONT send cheque until youve seen more spec - main reason is I've been asking for more info the last 4 days on this car and got no replies - thats what put me off in the end (that and the bird giving me grief!)

Dont send any cash till you know it genuine! Or pay COD - make sure you get all docs etc...especially as theres now new laws about log books.

Ade

onephatnova
05-03-03, 09:05 PM
yeah, thanx for the link ade, and for yer advice. :D

it is cash on delivery (or rather collection) so we'll see... :?

Phil GTE
06-03-03, 01:22 AM
oooooo, risky, i wouldnt have done, but good for you, hope it is ok.