PDA

View Full Version : Need for speed shift

Jon_nova1
12-09-09, 10:47 PM
Is absolutely crap!

yes the advert looks good, but its a waste of time, its got this thing about aggressive driving (dirty undertaking, paint trading, knocking people of the track) yet you take a shortcut and you get penalised!:wtf:

theres also a thing, the back end of all cars slide EVERYWHERE! it doesn't matter if your in a fwd, the back end still slides, even a bog standard 4wd slides in 5th gear:wtf:

dirt 2 seems to be more promising

Lee
12-09-09, 11:03 PM
I made the right choice then, I was in Game and it was going to be the new NFS or Dirt 2.

Despite the guy at Trax's best efforts to put me off, I bought Dirt, and its fapping ace so long as you can get past the annoying american drivers constantly telling you how awesome you are all the time.

Jon_nova1
12-09-09, 11:13 PM
lol yes you did, i had a bit of a play on dirt, seems quite good plowing the impreza into everything and the driver responses

NFS, the only thing that is decent is if you hit a car at the right angle, you can send it flying...which you can do with dirt2 anyway:wtf:

Dirt 2 is much more realistic, without being a ballache lol

novanova636
12-09-09, 11:18 PM
mate said to me that dirt 2 is pants. i thought the first one was very good but havnt got dirt 2 on his opinon but if you guys think it is good i might give it ago.

Jon_nova1
12-09-09, 11:21 PM
I've not had a massive go of it, so don't take my comment as "this game is worth buying" surely there should be a demo?

just don't get NFS, i thought this would be a vast improvement on prostreet when i saw the advert...its even worse lol

Lee
12-09-09, 11:38 PM
Its proper satisfying if you're on a trailblazer stage flat out, in car view, put it into a 4 wheel drift and come out the other side of a sweeping bend an inch from the rocks :) Not many driving games give you the feeling you've done something special without the consoles help. The water splashes throws properly relistic water into the screen giving you a second or two of blindness as well, so if you guess where the tracks going and get it right it puts a grin on your face.

Another thing I like is the flashback option. If you properly stack it, you can rewind the replay from the last 10 seconds and start from anywhere within the replay. Might not be realistic, but if youve nailed a perfect stage and bin it on the last corner, it prevents you from getting stressed with the game too much.

Also, I found great satisfaction in constantly smashing Ken Block off the rallycross stages lol

novanova636
12-09-09, 11:43 PM
yeah went to down load the demo but xbox live has ran out! isnt that abit cheating lee? lol

Jon_nova1
12-09-09, 11:46 PM
lol nar thats not cheating, Grid did the same, which is an awesome game if you haven't already got it!

Jack
13-09-09, 12:36 AM
You expected an NFS game to be good? :wtf:

brainsnova
13-09-09, 12:56 AM
i used to buy games from asda for my ps2 many years ago and would return them the next day as my valid excuse for returning was it was shoite.

Hobbit
13-09-09, 04:48 AM
You expected an NFS game to be good? :wtf:

underground is awesome, i still dust my old xbox off every now and then to go for a drift on that :)

edit - they did go down hill from there though :(

Jon_nova1
13-09-09, 09:03 AM
Yes, companies have turned games around before, this looked like they'd done something good

and yes, they continued the trate of getting worse

underground and underground 2 were awesome, still got underground 2 floating around lol

Mazz
13-09-09, 09:06 AM
DIRT2 is a really good game, very realistic. Some of the buggy thing are really hard drive well/on the limit as they are so tail happy! I'm on level 11 now and its getting really hard :)
Lee have you beat Ken Block in his first throw down yet?! My controller nearly went up the wall i was pissed off trying to beat his time!

I'll let you know about NFS:S later on! 1gig left to go ;)

Jon_nova1
13-09-09, 09:25 AM
lol I remember d/l when i had 2MB, would take 12 hours to get a 360 game lol

hacked 20MB ftw:cool:

Tidy Max
13-09-09, 09:38 AM
nfs = the worst series of games, never before has a game series actually started off good and as technology and consoles progress the game get worse, beyond belief imo

always been an avid fan of the colin mcrae games, although dirt1 is a fantastic game it took a step in the wrong direction for me, colin mcrae is a british rally legend, and i have some farkin yank blagging me alll the time, even on the menu screen, dirt 2 looks good but somehow (wether this is all in my head) it looks incredibly americanised in particular the rally cross stage on the advert, but there is no doubt that in terms of fun and realisim it will blast NFS out of the water,

any way, sega rally FTMFW :)

Mazz
13-09-09, 09:41 AM
Sega Rally is ace, both of them! Infact i've got a GNVQ in Advanced Sega Rally as thats all i did at college lol

Tidy Max
13-09-09, 09:43 AM
on alpine 1 i can handbrake 360 around every corner without touching any walls/barriers i am the sega rally god, i was looking at a sega rally machine the other day, 600quid!! when im rich il get one, funking love it

bmw156
13-09-09, 09:44 AM
DIRT2 is a really good game, very realistic. Some of the buggy thing are really hard drive well/on the limit as they are so tail happy! I'm on level 11 now and its getting really hard :)
Lee have you beat Ken Block in his first throw down yet?! My controller nearly went up the wall i was pissed off trying to beat his time!

i did this first time lol, about a second under his 1.02 you have to beat.

i use the r4 as its a monster.

as lee says it is a brilliant game, im also on level 11 and just put the diffuculity up and its not one of those easy games. i really like it.

yeh the flashback is also good.

and i like how you can alter the downforce, braking etc etc and you actually feel the results.

good game defo worth buying:d

Jack
13-09-09, 12:39 PM
http://ps2media.gamespy.com/ps2/image/article/708/708791/outrun-2006-coast-2-coast-20060515014418490.jpg

muzzy
13-09-09, 12:59 PM
Quite fancy getting Dirt 2 but Forza 3 is meant to be out next month so may just hold out for that.

Never been a massive fan of the NFS games, they dont really interest me at all. Although saying that, i was one of the few people who actually liked Pro Street.

Rich
13-09-09, 01:11 PM
http://ps2media.gamespy.com/ps2/image/article/708/708791/outrun-2006-coast-2-coast-20060515014418490.jpg

Better than the new nfs games lol

Mike
13-09-09, 01:13 PM
Goes off to buy Dirt 2 then.......

Mazz
13-09-09, 01:21 PM
Is that Outrun RJ? And the pics from gamespy too! Haven't used that since my Quake2 days lol

LEWI007
13-09-09, 01:28 PM
forza 2 is the best car game ever so far, the way you can tune and build cars is perfect, i cant wait for forza 3.

Jon_nova1
13-09-09, 02:34 PM
I would have loved to see the tuneability of forza 2 crossed with the gameplay of grid, now that would have been awesome!

and why the hell don't we get music on the race games anymore? if i didn't want music i can turn the stereo off lol

JordyzNova
13-09-09, 02:35 PM
im lucky i have freind who can get games for £2.50 so i might get them both :d ( my xbox 360 is flashed to play copyed games )

Jon_nova1
13-09-09, 02:39 PM
not worth it

I do my own games, wasn't worth the disc i burned it on lol

Jack
13-09-09, 02:45 PM
Is that Outrun RJ? And the pics from gamespy too! Haven't used that since my Quake2 days lol
Most certainly is. I recall many a lost day in the arcades at Dawlish where we'd stick my mate down in front of the Outrun arcade and make him win us masses of tokens to exchange for PLLIIIZES :d

I still prefer Quake to Q2. Used to play it with various Prodigy albums in the CD drive (Fat Of The Land went well) or the odd electro trip hop album. Ahhh thems were the days lol

djshaggeh
13-09-09, 04:55 PM
Quake and Quake 2 were awesome no forgetting Duke Nukem 3d either. Half life is still my favourite of all time though.

As per driving games, I'm a huge fan of the classics. My favourite being Ralli Sport Challenge 2 on the original xbox. Its all about the volvo 240 turbo. I still have the game and I thought it would work on my 360 so I got rid of my xbox and guess what, it doesn't work. Way to go microsoft :(

Does anyone play online games on their PC, such as Team Fortress 2 or Battlefeild 2

novanova636
13-09-09, 07:23 PM
got dirt 2 around 12 today and have just stopped playing it. flippin awsome!!! not so keen on the american voices always talking at me but actual game play is really good!!

Jon_nova1
13-09-09, 09:44 PM
yer, took mine round my mates, he's not really into his car games, but we've been on it for about 4 hours!

Lee
13-09-09, 11:25 PM

I'm on Level 23, and i havent dropped the difficulty below Serious (ive done i'd say 3/4 on Savage). Self employed with bugger all work FTW (or FTL depending on how you look at it :()

I think ive played far too many racing games in my time lol

Mazz
14-09-09, 09:47 AM
ffs Lee!
NFS:S isn't imo as good as DIRT, as someone else said the cars seem far too tail happy, you need to turn in loads to get round then the **** end steps out :(
Although DIRT2 is really pissing me off atm!

Jack
14-09-09, 11:27 AM
The NFS series is and always has been an arcade style game though, so will always have arcade style handling characteristics.

I remember hating GT4 at first because I was so used to doing the NFS style of driving where you bounce round corners off other cars/walls etc lol

Prey
14-09-09, 11:41 AM
Never really got into the nfs games to be honest - forza or pgr over them anyday. Picked up dirt2 last night tho and I reckon its a shed load better than dirt was - didnt massively like how that played.

Lee
14-09-09, 10:01 PM
ffs Lee!
NFS:S isn't imo as good as DIRT, as someone else said the cars seem far too tail happy, you need to turn in loads to get round then the **** end steps out :(
Although DIRT2 is really pissing me off atm!

Just drop the difficulty level on sticky stages, its a game at the end of the day, no point getting stressed with it lol