PDA

View Full Version : Inner driveshaft doesn't work with a hammer?!

Jon_nova1
12-09-09, 06:51 PM
I picked up a nice new inner shaft, but it doesn't want to locate

It's got past the circlip, but its poking out 1cm or so:roll:

A hammer won't move it further in, the hub etc goes back together, but theres not much erm...back and forth motion?:tard: also threw a litre of gearbox fluid in, but doesn't appear to be leaking on the driveway

any ideas?:wtf:

Mike
12-09-09, 07:05 PM
Sure you aint got a Corsa shaft in there ;)

Adam
12-09-09, 07:12 PM
I dont understand what the problem is?
Is there a gap between cv and box? Then surely thats a cv's issue???

Jon_nova1
12-09-09, 07:13 PM
not at all, i assume its a nova as i bought them as nova 22 splines, but it doesn't explain why the inner joint doesn't fit all the way, unless a corsa cv is longer inside? which wouldn't really make sense:confused:

Mike
12-09-09, 07:16 PM
not at all, i assume its a nova as i bought them as nova 22 splines, but it doesn't explain why the inner joint doesn't fit all the way, unless a corsa cv is longer inside? which wouldn't really make sense:confused:

Funk knows, think im gettnig the wrong idea here :confused:

Jon_nova1
12-09-09, 07:25 PM
your thinking the hub won't go back on due to corsa driveshafts being longer, when its the inner cv joint that won't play

if no one knows i've got to change the other outer cv boot so can take the shaft out and see if theres anything in the way (which is all i can think of)

Stoo
12-09-09, 07:36 PM
Have you had a look at the old CV and the new one side by side to check for length??

Jon_nova1
12-09-09, 07:44 PM
No, the old one was destroyed, so the seller never sent it, the new cv (brought from the motor factors..........to my house, sorry, couldn't help it:p )

is a cav mk2 1600, so shouldn't really be an issue, all i can think is somethings inside (maybe the old circlip, come to think of it, the side that wont go is the side that didn't have a cv joint in it when i bought the running gear

if i took both joints out, would i be able to see right through? as in take the other shaft out and get anything out?

Rich
12-09-09, 09:38 PM
Tried turning the cv while you tap it in with a hammer?

Jon_nova1
12-09-09, 09:53 PM
Yep, lined up with the splines fine then pushed in

its in enough for it to reverse out of the garage:eek:

Jon_nova1
17-09-09, 05:44 PM
is this in?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v166/Unicorn007/?action=view&current=DSC00006.jpg

when i took it out, the only thing there was a round tube inside, which i assume is meant to be there? i've seen cars with and cars without them:roll:

Rich
17-09-09, 10:48 PM
Doesnt look in no, seal looks a bit badgered though?

alan b
18-09-09, 08:54 PM
does it pull out easy?

Jon_nova1
19-09-09, 09:31 AM
its ok, panic over, its in! the seal was poking out...or in a little stopping the cv going in lol