PDA

View Full Version : NovaNutter's news :D carbs :D and oil leak :(

Will
05-03-03, 05:35 PM
Woke up today with a knock on the door from mr parcel force, hes delivered my twin 40 webers and 1300 inlet manifold and they look mint, the whole box and now my room stinks of fuel, good thing i dont smoke, lmfao!

Does anyone have the nova sport carb numbers, just wanted to find out if these are off a sport or not. The set number is: 104604 :)

secondly i sourced my oil problem, ive topped it up but have a slow leak from the oil sump gasket at the front of the sump :'( gona have a go at tightening it 2morro but me thinks it may need a new gaket, wot do u guys think?

Will, happy and sad, lol

Will
05-03-03, 05:37 PM
just thought this should quite possibly be in technical, sorry just got in from work and tired, not thinking!

Ian
05-03-03, 05:38 PM
ill have a look on the epc

Stuart
05-03-03, 06:17 PM
the sump gasket is easy.

drain sump (obv lol)
drop the exhaust down pipe from the manifold.
remove sump, you will need a long extension to get at the two near the fly end.

blue hylomar the new gasket to the sump and then bolt it all back on, job done

Jim
05-03-03, 08:54 PM
You got your 40's :o :)

You didn't tell me today :| How many Student loans are you allowed? LOL. You won't be dissapointed Will, as I was saying on Sunday, if you drive at aound 3-4000rpm you're fuel consumption won't go down that much, it's only when you floor it that the 40's drink the petrol.

Keep us posted mate, I know I usually set my status to busy at work, but you can still message me :)

Jim

mikeoxford
05-03-03, 10:56 PM
Keep us posted mate, I know I usually set my status to busy at work, but you can still message me :)

Jim

open invitation there :D

mikeoxford
05-03-03, 10:57 PM
Woke up today with a knock on the door from mr parcel force, hes delivered my twin 40 webers and 1300 inlet manifold and they look mint, the whole box and now my room stinks of fuel, good thing i dont smoke, lmfao!

Does anyone have the nova sport carb numbers, just wanted to find out if these are off a sport or not. The set number is: 104604 :)

secondly i sourced my oil problem, ive topped it up but have a slow leak from the oil sump gasket at the front of the sump :'( gona have a go at tightening it 2morro but me thinks it may need a new gaket, wot do u guys think?

Will, happy and sad, lol

as for the carbs will mate.

are they on a irmscher manifold?

and what size jets / chokes do they have?

velos worked mine out because it was all setup originally how they cam on the sport! and also there is a number stamped on the manifold and underneath of carb.

i have for sale original nova sport chokes and trumpets that replaced the irmscher airboxes if anyones interested in some memorabilia!

rob.slader
05-03-03, 11:26 PM
There are a set of numbers on the top of the carbs, back by the trumpets. Each carb should be sequential to show they are a matching pair. Off the top of my head I can't remember the exact numbering, but for example 140 and 141 would prove they are a set of twin 40's and are genuine sport carbs. But as I say I can't remember what the numbers are exactly.

mikeoxford
05-03-03, 11:34 PM
ill check mine out 2moro for you will.......

Will
06-03-03, 01:32 AM
cheers mike let me know, yes they are on an imcheser 1300 manifold, how can i check the choke sizes, i remember u saying but cant seem to see it.

Cheers

Will

mikeoxford
06-03-03, 10:22 AM
ill send you a pic

if you take the ram pipe of it would be even easier, but basically shine a light in and your looking for an embosses number on the edge of the choke.

ill show u a pic.

and ill check em out for you tonight

chances are thwey are from a sport if they have an irmscher manfiold.

it has it stamped on the front? in between two carbs?

also what kind of linkage for the throttle are on them,?

rgv_stu
06-03-03, 12:16 PM
what happened to the weber twinchoke will ?? gone off that idea ??

Will
06-03-03, 12:27 PM
its on the car right now stu and gona remain there for a while, i have plans for the webers but that involves time and more money come sometime in the summer maybe :)

Cheers mike mail me pics or msn them later on, cheers

yeh imescher bit is in middle on the manifold :D

mikeoxford
06-03-03, 12:28 PM
sounds hopefully will

rgv_stu
06-03-03, 02:16 PM
what do you reckon to it will ?? made much difference ??

i found another one in the shed ;) so i will probably use it on my 1200 head , just need to find a 1300 manifold and make an adapter :)