PDA

View Full Version : removing my badges

tetley
05-03-03, 05:24 PM
im thinkin about taking the badges off my nova, the 1.2L and the nova badge.

Im a total novice with things like this,

is this a job i can do easily??

Ben (lurk75)
05-03-03, 05:26 PM
yes its easy go gently and use a hair dryer to warm the sticky part there attached ith then softly prise them off and afterwards remove any excess glue.

This topic will be deleted or moved as should be in styling forum.

Wiggie
05-03-03, 06:27 PM
yeah, i did it bout a week ago, easy! but the front badge leaves holes in the bonnet...mite wana avoid that. i used a hair dryer and some "3R" which gets rid of adhesives and glue and stuff. so i squirted a bit of that over em and left it for a few minutes then ripped em off. after that its bout and hours worth of rubbing to remove the stickypads.

after all the adhesive was off i used some T-Cut- came up lovely!

Wiggie

mikeoxford
05-03-03, 11:44 PM
if u want a real easy way you can do what i did, but be warned it makes more of a job after

tip a kettle of boiling water on them :lol: they practically drop off!

but be warned your paint will go from red to white for instance! youll need to tcut it back up after

LMFAO

was my first mod, and i did it before i was on NL before i get slatted!

whitey
05-03-03, 11:59 PM
HAHAHA!

Good though if you are getting a complete respray and want everything off and stripped asap!

mikeoxford
06-03-03, 12:28 AM
to be fair, a bit of paniking later :o and some t cut it came up sweet as :lol:

burgessovsalford
06-03-03, 11:35 AM
im thinkin about taking the badges off my nova, the 1.2L and the nova badge.

Im a total novice with things like this,

is this a job i can do easily??

I thought you was getting a pug GTI cos novas r too slow & old!?

tetley
06-03-03, 11:57 AM
[/quote]

I thought you was getting a pug GTI cos novas r too slow & old!?[/quote]

I never said i was getting a 106 gti, ive had one for ages now, i think i have caused some confusion i said in one post "im pickin me 106 GTI soon anyways", it has been at a garage for a while now, problems with the valves, hence me driving the nova around a lot. I have my 106 back which is great. But a nova is a nova and im a proud owner of it. Its a good head turner, it was my first car and ive looked after it well. Yes they are old and slow (1.2s!) and i mentioned they werent worth modding, but i have appologised for that but i just think they are great as they are. But i want the badges removed!!

Wiggie
06-03-03, 12:18 PM
:roll: fair do's then

burgessovsalford
06-03-03, 01:24 PM
Why you taking the badges off ashamed its a vauxhall!!

Only kidding m8, piece of piss really just follow the advice above. easy mod... :D

tetley
06-03-03, 03:02 PM
no mate, nothing wrong with vauxhall, i think it would look better without the badges.

is this the main reason why people debadge 1 litres and 1.2s coz it makes it look good or is it to try and make people think its quicker than it is.

I understand debadging a GTE or something to make people think its slower than it is but wasnt sure of the main reason people debadge the standard ones.

I hope this question isnt too confusing!!!

i just think it will look good, has anyone else debadged a low powered nova for the looks?? :D

Wiggie
06-03-03, 03:24 PM
...yeah mine didnt state the engine size, i just did it for the smooth look, might go for the smooth boot, but im worried bout insurance as it will be my first year

Mr Dan
06-03-03, 05:36 PM
I debadged the rear as I didn't like the crappy black, faded silver lettering. I've got a newer silver 'Vauxhall' badge from a Vectra tailgate which I'm going to put in place on the left. I think it will subtly modernise the tailgate a bit. 8)

Wiggie
06-03-03, 06:56 PM
yeah i was tempted to do that, but i was gunna do it if a had a smooth boot, then centre it. i think ill just leave it.

novaexplod
06-03-03, 07:57 PM
Theres a guy in my area in a blue nova wiv just alloys and no badges.its got the merit 1.2 stripes round it but it kicked my mates nova 1.4 sr's arse? wot the fuck is it?

mikeoxford
07-03-03, 01:07 AM
Theres a guy in my area in a blue nova wiv just alloys and no badges.its got the merit 1.2 stripes round it but it kicked my mates nova 1.4 sr's arse? wot the fcuk is it?

its a sheep in wolves clothing :twisted:

burgessovsalford
07-03-03, 10:20 AM
no mate, nothing wrong with vauxhall, i think it would look better without the badges.

is this the main reason why people debadge 1 litres and 1.2s coz it makes it look good or is it to try and make people think its quicker than it is.

I understand debadging a GTE or something to make people think its slower than it is but wasnt sure of the main reason people debadge the standard ones.

I hope this question isnt too confusing!!!

i just think it will look good, has anyone else debadged a low powered nova for the looks?? :D

People do it for looks m8, its just adds a bit of unique ness to the car if you do it as it does'nt look as standard as it did & is different.

But as people meantioned yeah, gettin a set of the brand new vauxhall badges & replacing your crappy old ones with these also looks good.