PDA

View Full Version : baby xe help :)

Plug
11-09-09, 08:56 PM
Its the C16XE into a 1.2 spi nova.

Ive disconnected the old ecu, and am going to have to strip back and get all the old engine loom out of the bay and keep the lights, rad, wiper motor, etc, etc
I
ve got the red and blue connecter that goes into the ecu, fine with that.
Im left with a 9pin and a 3pin plug. Where abouts do i need to connect these into the nova loom?

I know when i reciently(sp?) did a redtop conversion to an astra there where plugs in the drivers kick panel. Is there anything like this on the nova?

also on the Throttle body there is two nob bits for pipes, i know where one comes from but not the other.
and on the TB to AFM pipe work there is a place for a pipe at the TB end where do i put that to?

One last thing on the cam cover on the right hand side by the raised bit there is 2 pipes that come off, one of them connects to a metal pipe and i have another hose thats cut where should it go?

Any help will be greatly appriciated

Jimbo

AlexW
11-09-09, 09:10 PM
Throttle body, one goes to the pipe coming out the back of the head/block, cant remember, the other goes to the header tank on a corsa, so just T it into the small hose on the nova.

Get pics of the 9pin plug and the 3pin plug please, What wire colours.

And the cam cover sounds like the oil breaters, one should go to the block somwhere iirc, and the other goes into the massive plastic inlet pipe, but best to just put into a bottle somwhere.
That is problery the hole you mention by the TB, right on the bend?

Plug
11-09-09, 09:23 PM
about time you came on been waiting lol

yes on the TB to AFM pipe its right on the corner pointing up

Plug
11-09-09, 09:24 PM
hmm ive not got a pic of the wiring but its what connects into the car loom for dash IIRC

AlexW
11-09-09, 09:24 PM
Sounds like the oil breather, just block the inlet bit and then put the pipe from the cam cover into a bottle.

And meh, cba to come on here much more, give me a pm if you want me anyother time, il get a email that way lol

Edit: The wiring, if its the usual colours that youve seen on adams diagram then problery, i cant think of any connecter like those so

Plug
11-09-09, 09:32 PM
ok mate ill pm in future. im guessing its the 9pin plug from adams diagram.

but on the diagram its got the perm 12v and ignition 12v going to the spi ecu/fuse box/battery but ive removed the spi ecu

AlexW
11-09-09, 09:39 PM
show me adams diagram again please, im to lazy to find it and dont know where to look lol

The 9pin plug on his diagram is the X16XE imobliser stuff afaik

Plug
11-09-09, 11:20 PM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/Hond123/untitled.jpg

AlexW
11-09-09, 11:33 PM
That 9pin plug is at the ecu, and the lives can be got from anywhere, but the old ECU wiring is the best place.

Yours will be diff due to being C16XE, Not X16XE anyway.

gtachorley
12-09-09, 04:28 AM
C16Xe shouldnt have an immobiliser unit :)

So should basically be that diagram with out the connctions to the transducer??

Plug
12-09-09, 10:45 AM
well im going to take the laptop up today and give it ago.

are you sure a 52mm holesaw is big enough for the wiring to get the bung in? looks rather big compared to the holesaw lol

think im going to fit my digi dash also to it as i havent got a transducer (1.2 spi transducer ftw lol

AlexW
12-09-09, 12:01 PM
Preety sure its 52MM, the gromit has a lip inside for it to go into, its tight, but its ment to be, dont want a wet floor now do you.

If you get stuck, PM me, or i can give you my number.

Plug
12-09-09, 05:57 PM
got your number mate,

ive got the wiring in and just need to connect it propperly as i tryed earlier and i sux and it wouldnt work :(

there is a plug coming off the c16xe starter loom and i have nothing to plug it into,

Adam
12-09-09, 06:08 PM
Use the nova starting and charging loom

Plug
12-09-09, 06:16 PM
oh ive cut the ends off now to use on the c16xe one.

AlexW
12-09-09, 08:09 PM
Your need to use the nova stuff to start it, afterall it triggers everything correctly off the ign.

Plug
12-09-09, 08:56 PM
so on the 1.2 starter all its got is the live to the starter and the link back to the alternator then an earth which is bolted to the engine this correct?

AlexW
12-09-09, 09:21 PM
Yep, big red cable from the battery, then onto the alternator, and a think black/red wire on the starter.

Plug
13-09-09, 11:05 AM
im guessing the black and red is the ignition live?

AlexW
13-09-09, 02:12 PM
Black/red on the starter is the trigger wire.

Plug
13-09-09, 10:22 PM
arh hence why when i was turning the key with nothing pluged into the starter loom off the c16xe nothing was happening .

gtachorley
13-09-09, 11:22 PM
Yep

Plug
14-09-09, 08:47 AM
iIRC thou my 1.2 starter loom only had wires tothe battery.